🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Name Does Not Match My Bank Account
Page options
e53c7bb0
Community Member

My Name Does Not Match My Bank Account

Hello, 

My full name is Ayse Neyran **edited for Community Guidelines** but I created my Upwork profile was Neyran **edited for Community Guidelines**. In Turkey, sometimes we don't use one of our names so I didn't think about the results. But my bank account is Ayse Neyran Esin. So when I fill in payment methods, I see this warning;

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information."

Could you please help me with this issue, what should i do? 
Thank you
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ayse,

I checked your account and I can see that you've already updated your name. Regarding your payment method, please allow up to 72 hours for the verification to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ayse,

I checked your account and I can see that you've already updated your name. Regarding your payment method, please allow up to 72 hours for the verification to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This is a relief. Thank you for your fast reply!

Hi Goran,

I'm finding the same issue with payment setup as well, actually, I need to link my current account of my organization Veduru Life LLP to my Upwork account, requesting the resolution at the earliest.

Regards,

Saravanan Radhakrishnan

Hi Saravanan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I am also experiencing the same problem. Should I also wait for 72 for this to get resolved?

Hi Marion,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already created a ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello there

i do have the same issue of the name verification though I sent my National ID twice and it was accepted. Yet, i still have the same message of "does not match your name" every time i log in to my upwork account.

Hi Pradeep
I am also facing same error when I added my wise transfer account. Can you help me ?

e53c7bb0
Community Member

Hello, 

My full name is Ayse Neyran **edited for Community Guidelines** but I created my Upwork profile was Neyran **edited for Community Guidelines**. So Upwork told me that my bank account and my profile names are not the same. But I changed my name on upwork and it has been 3 or more days since then and I still cannot add my bank account. 

What should I do? Could you help me please?

And also, even though I changed my name and my profile shows it, my notifications are under the name Neyran **edited for Community Guidelines**. For example, 

Payment method .... was recently added to Financial Account  Neyran **edited for Community Guidelines**

Why is that like this? I really can't get through this. Would be really happy if you'd help me.

Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aysa, 

I have edited your posts because we do not allow personal identifiable information in the Upwork Community. 

I want to clarify what happened here. It looks like you added a payment method last October 21. On October 24, the payment method's name mismatch was cleared. However, you deleted it and added a new payment method on October 25. This new payment method that you added is also being reviewed for a name mismatch. As Goran has shared, please allow 48 to 72 hours for the name mismatch to be reviewed by the team. The team will reach out to you if they need further information to lift the mismatch. 

~ Avery
Upwork
e53c7bb0
Community Member

Thank you!

sherazahmed83
Community Member

Hello dear community 

I have the same issue i am getting the message from upwork that my account is deactivated whereas i was getting payments very well from last one year ,  my name is Ahmed Sheraz and my bank account name is ahmed sheraz manzoor , its just a family name added , but its on my name and i have every thing with me to proove its my account ...

Kindly help me how to solve this issue , because i desperately need to withdraw money  but i cant find any chat support where i can talk to any representative of up work 

Help please 

Hi Ahmed,

I checked your account and I can see that your payment methods are active. Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share a screenshot from your end with me via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks alot ,, yes its working now . Solved

I don't have my own account so I'm having to use my dad's bank account which is why my account name and the bank account name won't match. Will there be an issue?

Hi Shaira,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mufeedk
Community Member

Hi Goran,

I have the same issue my upwork profile name is Mufeed Kasim and the name on the bank account MUFEED K K . Could you please help me on this?

Hi Mufeed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
mufeedk
Community Member

Thank you

286d1eb7
Community Member

Ido have the same issue of the name verification though I sent my National ID twice and it was accepted. Yet, I still have the same message of "does not match your name" every time I log in to my upwork account.

Hi Nada,

I checked with the team and can confirm that it has been resolved. You should be able to check this by logging into your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
286d1eb7
Community Member

Thanks Joanna, i guess all setteled for now

63aeb606
Community Member

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem, can anyone help me please?

Hi Bianca Cristina,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Kindly expect your new payment method to be active in three days.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths