cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Name Was Changed

Rico E Member Since: Aug 15, 2010
1 of 7
This is quite strange. Before I took a nap, which was about an hour ago, my profile showed my complete name. Now it's just my first name and the initial of my last name. I'm pretty sure I didn't change it! oDesk, is this another bug?
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
2 of 7
This is so weird... I see your full name on your profile, but not here in this thread. Here, I see your first name and the initial of your last name.
3 of 7
That was what actually caught me by surprise Natasa. Imagine waking up and seeing that your profile name was changed (at least how it was presented). I raised a ticket already and it has been closed as resolved. Apparently, it was because the display option in my profile shows First Name, Initial of Last Name. I didn't make any changes to how my name is displayed. Support says that it might be a system glitch. I was concerned that there might be a security breach, but they said that they did a thorough check and found none. I really have no problem with how my name is displayed. It's the changes being made without my consent that worries me.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 7
Seems there is an issue with private profiles being visible (or public/oDesk user only profiles being hidden) https://www.odesk.com/community/node/33114
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
5 of 7
Lots of things going on at profiles without us being informed..I see the same as Natasa, totally weird.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
6 of 7
I actually changed the name displayed in my profile to my full name after communicating with support. I was expecting that all other areas where my name is displayed will also change afterwards, but didn't. Looks like oDesk is becoming more weird everyday...
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
7 of 7
There is a setting: Profile --> My Public Profile --> Display name ...where you can (usually!) change from full name to first name/initial Probably broken if you didn't change it yourself.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS