cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Odesk Account have been permanently suspended!

Muhammad Zeeshan J Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
1 of 20

I took me a quite a long time in order to set up the best profile on odesk that depicts the professional skills of some one who is really an expert in the field.

It was hard to find jobs at the beginning and getting a first job was none less then a miracle. It was a great start to my freelance career and since then i ve been doing tiring efforts to make my life ON through freelance career on odesk. 

i am maintaining a 4.98 star feedback on odesk right now but unfortunately i received the email from support saying that my account have been permanently suspended. I don't know why but i think there is only one job that i did which i had to refund fully, which was only of 18$ and the client left 2.2 stars and i did not knew that its gonna ruin my life. Only 18$ job which was refunded , also the work which i did gone wasted. Since then i have been temporarily suspended and now after a review, permanently suspended. 

That's completely unfair with some one who is doing fatiquing efforts in order to get a successful start on freelance career. And get laid by one contract which the client was willing to get money back in order to get satisfaction.. Please look into my issue and please activate my account.

Kind regards 

Zeeshan

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 20

Hi Muahammad,

I see you've contacted our Support team for a review of this. They'll take a look at your request and follow up with you directly. 

3 of 20

I am totally broken and disheart now. It was the only way of source for me.

They said they decided to permanently suspend me from odesk.

Is Maintaining 4.98 feedback a crime? i did not knew that its gonna result in my loss of account.

That's totally unfair and disheartened.

Mikołaj S Member Since: Apr 10, 2015
7 of 20

My account also has been closed even I have 5 stars feedbacks. I asked about motivation for closing my account and don't get specific reply, only some general explanations. I really worked hard to get good feeback and provide quality work. My clients are happy so my account is closed, that's really makes sense.

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
7 of 20

Zeeshan and Dimitar

You are both suspended because of Odesk new calculations that are job Success rate you are both below 70% So you can request Odesk Officials if they can help you out with this situation.

7 of 20

What if some one do their first job on odesk and for some reason or unavailability of a client, could not provide the feedback or approve the milestone, would the job success rate of that freelancer be 0? and in result will he be getting banned? I think this success calculator is not perfect regarding its metrics. I think it should calculatethe score after some particular amount of jobs and if the freelancer failed to meet the required success rate after doing required number of jobs then they must decide whether to ban him or not and so on.

they should tell us the reasons regarding the permanent suspension of account so that we could fix the issues in our profiles. And it should be complementary for all the new starters as the freelancers. Not giving a single warning neither reasons of a ban is aweful.

I think it will cause a reduction in freelancers and clients community.

Ace Contributor
Samiun M Member Since: Feb 5, 2015
7 of 20

@Iftikhar I wrote:

Zeeshan and Dimitar

You are both suspended because of Odesk new calculations that are job Success rate you are both below 70% So you can request Odesk Officials if they can help you out with this situation.

Iftikhar is this a new rule of Upwork. LIke freelancers with job success below 70% will get their account permanently suspended? 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 20

Hi Samium,

If the Job Success score goes below 70%, the freelancer's account will not be suspended right away but will be put under performance review. The freelancer will then need to improve his or her performance in order to have the account resumed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
9 of 20

Hi Valeria,

I'm not in danger 'yet' of being suspended but I'm curious as to how a freelancer qill 'improve his or her performance in order to have the account resumed' if they can't work? 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 20

Hi Mariska,

If a freelancer's account is suspended due to performance issues, we send a notification with further instructions. Usually freelancers are able to continue working on their active contracts and need to make sure they complete them successfully. During the follow-up review, the team considers the outcomes of these recent jobs and makes a final decision about the account. If there are improvements, usually the account is reinstated.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS