cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Odesk Account have been permanently suspended!

Reda B Member Since: Apr 11, 2015
11 of 20

They obliged me to stop a contract I was working for since long time ! Am jobless now my account was suspended, Why they oblige people to stop contract !!! Crazy It's a long term Contract !! They don't understand that !!!

Sakirul I Member Since: May 7, 2015
12 of 20

My account has been suspended permanently also. oDesk take totally unfair decisions and we are suffering for their decision. They totally don't care of it. Why will they care? They made money and nothing to worry about their life. Even they think people are happy like them. They are unyielding and grasping. Go brothers, go. It's your day. I really hate oDesk from my heart. Smiley Frustrated 

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
13 of 20

You can be a 5***** 100% JS and your account will be suspended for breaking rules. It may also be permanently banned if the rule you broke was a serious one.

I don't think UpWork does this without a good reason. You could ask for your account to be reviewed but don't expect them to reverse their decision.

Ace Contributor
Cesar G Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
14 of 20

I have seem some users stating that they maintain from working here, but when I visit their profiles it says something like "40 works worked, 40 hours total", which is like, 1 hour per work. That's not a livelihood, that seems to be disintermediation, and that might be an indicator of something going wrong.

I have also seen profiles with no photo or with a logo/cartoon instead of a photo. I believe these users receive up to three warnings about this (I have read that somewhere around the forums) and if they don't acknowledge to the warnings then the magic happens.

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
15 of 20

Quote: "I have also seen profiles with no photo"

You don't need to have photo - that is not against rules.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
16 of 20

Yes you can choose to have no photo but if you do have one it should be appropriate. Cesars would not be considered appropriate. No face in the photo and it does not in any way reflect professionalism.

Ace Contributor
Cesar G Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
17 of 20

That's why I said "I believe". I am not trying to say that their profile images are not appropiate for me, juts that if the system or support flags them, they will receive notifications about it. Ignoring the notifications is what, sometimes, causes these mild faults to turn into a suspension.

Just to be sure, let me repeat,  this is what I  believe, I am not sure.

Han C Member Since: Feb 19, 2015
18 of 20

OP did you still have money available before your account was suspended? 

Mohammad Sohel M Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
19 of 20

What Can I do now since my account permanently suspended odeak .But My profile is rich .Using this account it's easy to get any job .What Can I do ,since my account permanently blocked .

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 20

Hi Mohammad,

I have checked your account and it doesn't look like it has been suspended.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS