🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My Previous Account Was Suspended, and I ...
Page options
m-tsy
Community Member

My Previous Account Was Suspended, and I wasn't able to contact Upwork Support.

Hello!

I created my first Upwork account 5 months ago. But then due to family circumstances I left my account.

Recently I decided to return on Upwork, but I realised that I lost the password to my account, which was the same as in associated email, created personally for Upwork. So, I decided to create a new Upwork account. It has been approved, and I was managed to get a Rising talent and to get my first job, but then account was suspended without mentioning any reason.

I tried to reach out to Upwork Support with this issue, but it appeared to be impossible for me -- Support page has been redirected to Jobs Feed, and a "New post" button in Upwork Community was grey.

So now I created a new account, and reaching out to you to resolve this issue once and for all. I want to remove all the previous accounts and keep this one not being suspended. I can provide my ID photos to prove that I am the owner of this account.

Thanks for your attention. Will be waiting for your reply.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maxim, 

If you forgot your login information, you should be able to fill-out this form and a member of the team will reach out to you to assist you. Once you gain access to the old account, I would recommend that you close the new account to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. The Upwork ToS notes that users cannot have more than one account on Upwork, regardless if the old account is closed.

Please also know that you should also be able to access this ticket about your account limitation on your email inbox by searching for the email with the subject "Your Upwork Account." It is best to resolve the issue with your old account so that you can continue using Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maxim, 

If you forgot your login information, you should be able to fill-out this form and a member of the team will reach out to you to assist you. Once you gain access to the old account, I would recommend that you close the new account to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. The Upwork ToS notes that users cannot have more than one account on Upwork, regardless if the old account is closed.

Please also know that you should also be able to access this ticket about your account limitation on your email inbox by searching for the email with the subject "Your Upwork Account." It is best to resolve the issue with your old account so that you can continue using Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths