🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Profile is not showing when i search by na...
Page options
095d60ff
Community Member

My Profile is not showing when i search by name

My Profile is public https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01938cab0e7f0869f1

but when I search from different browsers to check whether my profile is visible or not under the web development category. I was surprised that my profile was not showing. Team Upwok, Please fix it

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Your profile is visible when searching by name.

celgins_1-1695652683452.png

However, this is not helpful because clients will not search for you by name. Most clients will search by skill category or keyword, and include other parameters like Location, Job Success, etc.

You mentioned web development as a skill category, but you do not include web development  in your profile skills list. You must add Web Development and other relevant skill categories if you want Upwork to send you related job matches and if you want your profile to appear in search results for Web Development.

Also, web development is a highly competitive skill area, so showing prominently in search results can be a challenge--especially for freelancers with no information in their profiles and/or those with no work history. Search results are shown on a rotating basis and the results change from week to week, but you should still have a completed profile with relevant skill categories listed.

My first suggestion is to remove your name as your profile title since it provides no value to clients and will not help with search results. Next, complete your overview/summary and add more relevant skill categories to your skills list.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

Your profile is visible when searching by name.

celgins_1-1695652683452.png

However, this is not helpful because clients will not search for you by name. Most clients will search by skill category or keyword, and include other parameters like Location, Job Success, etc.

You mentioned web development as a skill category, but you do not include web development  in your profile skills list. You must add Web Development and other relevant skill categories if you want Upwork to send you related job matches and if you want your profile to appear in search results for Web Development.

Also, web development is a highly competitive skill area, so showing prominently in search results can be a challenge--especially for freelancers with no information in their profiles and/or those with no work history. Search results are shown on a rotating basis and the results change from week to week, but you should still have a completed profile with relevant skill categories listed.

My first suggestion is to remove your name as your profile title since it provides no value to clients and will not help with search results. Next, complete your overview/summary and add more relevant skill categories to your skills list.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths