cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Profile stuck at "Add Work History"

Highlighted
Jack W Member Since: Jan 2, 2016
1 of 144

So I have been trying to set up my Upwork account today, but I'm having some issues with completing the profile set up.

The sidebar states that I need to "Add Work History (+20%)", however after clicking the link it takes me to my profile. Adding work history under "Employment History" does not make this message go away and I seem to be stuck here.

Is this the reason the "Find Jobs" page reports that Upwork does not know enough information about me to reccomend specific jobs? Is there a way to get past the "Add Work History" step and finish my profile?

My profile is currently stuck at 40%.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 144

I got stuck somewhere around there too. I took 2 tests and it went away. Not sure if you can manipulate around that, but that's what I did. Just take an easy one or something when you're awake and "thinking."

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 144

Hi Jack,

I checked your profile and it looks like it's currently at 60%. Your employment history and education are already there. However, it's very important that you add a profile title and overview.

In order to add a profile title, hover your mouse over your name and click on the pencil icon. In order to add your overview, hover your mouse over the word "Overview" and then click on the pencil icon.

Screenshot_8.png

Additionally, check out this help article for some tips about writing a good profile overview.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Robert N Member Since: May 25, 2016
4 of 144

Hi Valeria,

I am also getting stuck at the exact same place.I have added my work history but it is still showing 95%.Please help.

Regards,

Robert

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 144

Hi Robert,

It looks like your profile is now 100% complete.

Highlighted
Ritu P Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
6 of 144

Hi 

i am suffering with same problem as my profile showing 95%. It's asking me to add work history that I have already added. There is nothing left I can add. Still the message is there. 

Please help how to solve this issue.

Thanks 

Ritu

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 144

Hi Ritu, 

I just checked and your profile is 100% complete already!

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
HARSHVARDHAN P Member Since: Jun 8, 2016
8 of 144

My Profile is also stuck at 95%....could you please help me on that ?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 144

Hi Harshvardhan,

There is usually a slight delay with the profiles updating. Alternatively, could you please try removing and adding items from your Employment history section and passing and displaying more skill tests?

Also, could you please edit your profile name and make sure you don't use all capital letters?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
HARSHVARDHAN P Member Since: Jun 8, 2016
10 of 144

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I have edit my name...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS