🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Profile
Page options
mrkhalidmansoor
Community Member

My Profile

Hi, this is me Khalid Mansoor. I want to please have a look on my profile. Is it O.K or needs some improvements. Thanks.

Regards...

Khalid M.

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Khalid M wrote:

Hi, this is me Khalid Mansoor. I want to please have a look on my profile. Is it O.K or needs some improvements. Thanks.

Your profile is very poor.

You advertise skills you don't have. Your English is nowhere near good enough to try and get paid to write in English, let alone proofread or edit anything in it.

There is no portfolio either.

You need to rethink your approach entirely. Is there anything you can actually do well enough to justify getting paid doing it?  Maybe your legal skills?

Trying to get paid to write or edit anything in English when your English is what it is is borderline fraudulent and will not work here.

Hi Community Guru Sir, Thanks indeed for this prompt response. I appreciate
the remarks, these are encouraging. Let me tell you that I have
considerable job experience but not on Upwork platform. My qualification is
mentioned in my profile and my job experience relates to office work on an
executive position. For years I have been dealing with noting & drafting,
management/administration matter, file work i.e policy matters, summary &
letter writing, preparing reports, legal cases and much more.
My purpose to send this email was to know about my shortcomings and
according to response or received piece of advice, I would improve my
Profile and myself. Now do guide me for which skill I should make attempt
to get a job......Thanks

Khalid M wrote:
. For years I have been dealing with noting & drafting,
management/administration matter, file work i.e policy matters, summary &
letter writing, preparing reports, legal cases and much more.

Whatever your skills are - pretending that you can edit or proofread in English is dishonest and fraudulent because your English is so poor.

Khalid M wrote:
 Now do guide me for which skill I should make attempt
to get a job......Thanks

Clearly I have no idea if you have any skills which you could offer to clients without being a fraud. Only you can know that.

But you really can not offer editing or proofreading or anything to do with the English language because your English is nowhere near good enough and your claimed "fluent" English skills are an outright lie.

Thanks indeed, your reply made me to decide that Upwork is a high profiled plateform and I should not have to join this. Thanks again.

It is not a high profile platform to the point that you should not stay. It is one of the most reliable with the best clients, but you just need to know exactly what you can sell and deliver!  Clients see throgh you right away and you should only focus in offering services that you are really the master of it. Business and consulting maybe?

Good luck!

thanks
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members