cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Question is why upwork Allows even a person with no history on Expert skills project?

fahadtester
Fahad S Member Since: May 16, 2017
1 of 6

There must be some criteria which every body must fullfill only then he should be allowed to bid on a particular project. Right now on uwpork any one can bid on any project which is very unfair because a person who spend 5 years on uwpork is still top rated and person who joined upwork few month back earned 1000$ is top rated too. This severaly decrease quality of bids as clients see so many junk propsals.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Fahad,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please note that freelancers reputation and track record are reflected on their profile, on and off-Upwork, and clients do take this information into account when reviewing proposals and hiring for their job. Spam proposals are not allowed and we do have systems to address these users, regardless of their account status on Upwork.

Untitled

View solution in original post

fahadtester
Fahad S Member Since: May 16, 2017
3 of 6
Still my question is dont you think there is now need on upwork to define profile level by earnibg and stats:

Like some one having 5k+ earning and healthy rating that person can be called intermediate and some one having above 20k he is a true expert. My recomendation is there must some grading when client specifies i need expert then newbies must not be allowed to bid.
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 6

@Fahad S wrote:
Still my question is dont you think there is now need on upwork to define profile level by earnibg and stats:

Like some one having 5k+ earning and healthy rating that person can be called intermediate and some one having above 20k he is a true expert. My recomendation is there must some grading when client specifies i need expert then newbies must not be allowed to bid.

No, this would be too restrictive, because some experts do not work full-time from Upwork. There are also newbies who have terrific qualifications sometimes even better than established top-rated freelancers (whatever their earnings), so they should not be penalized or prevented from bidding, which in any case, would be counter-productive.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
5 of 6

Nichola, your statement is worth multiple kudos, thumbs up, and a happy dance or two.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 6

@Fahad S wrote:

There must be some criteria which every body must fullfill only then he should be allowed to bid on a particular project.

Why? Do you think clients are not competent to make their own decisions about the quality of a bid?

Right now on uwpork any one can bid on any project which is very unfair because a person who spend 5 years on uwpork is still top rated and person who joined upwork few month back earned 1000$ is top rated too.

You think it would be more "fair" if only those who have been on the site for a number of years could bid?

This severaly decrease quality of bids as clients see so many junk propsals.

How do you see longevity as impacting the quality of bids? Do you believe that high quality bids can only come from someone who has been on the site for years? So, for example, someone who came to Upwork brand new to his field three years ago is better than someone with 25 years in the field who is new to Upwork?

It seems to me that the vast majority of the time, when a freelancer in the forums says something isn't fair, it means that it would be to his or her individual advantage to change that thing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS