🐈 Community
bobafett999

My Quora feed: "My Upwork account is suspended. What should I do now?"

https://www.quora.com/My-Upwork-account-is-suspended-What-should-I-do-now

IMO the last paragraph might be the key reason

How can I prevent my account from suspension, if it is safe till now?

Don't take your client out of Upwork,

7 REPLIES 7
luce-neidert

It seems very difficult to stay on Upwork. How did I ever manage to stay here for a year and a half?

@Luce N wrote:

It seems very difficult to stay on Upwork.

Yeah, "only" 12 Million people managed that.

@Luce N wrote:

It seems very difficult to stay on Upwork. How did I ever manage to stay here for a year and a half?

Because you are special?!!!

@Prashant P wrote:

@Luce N wrote:

Because you are special?!!!

Must be. Can't see any other reason. How long have you survived on Upwork?

aumkareshwar

I always try to keep all my conversation on upwork but most client prefer skype for messaging and some of them even put in their job description that "Freelancer should be active on skype".

@aumkareshwar T wrote:

I always try to keep all my conversation on upwork but most client prefer skype for messaging and some of them even put in their job description that "Freelancer should be active on skype".

Nothing wrong with communicating with clients outside of Upwork, you just have to be hired and paid on the platform. How and where you communicate is up to you and your clients.

You may communicate with a client by any means. However, if a client via Upwork or elsewhere asks if they must pay you through Upwork or if there is some other method that can be used (because some clients intent to circumvent and some really don't know that it is required), then you should tell them that you can only take payments via the Upwork system because that is a part of your contract with Upwork.