🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My Rising Talent Badge Disappeared after ...
Page options
ruslan08
Community Member

My Rising Talent Badge Disappeared after taking the Video Verification

It is generally accpted by all the freelaners and clients how much important a Rising Talent Badge is to a freelancer.

So it might be a nightmare for any freelancer on the platform if they learn that their Badge has been removed for no reason.

I was about to submit my proposal to a job which requires JSS of 90+% or Rising Talented developers when I realized that "OMG, my Badge! It has gone." That was the terrible moment for me as I spent some really hard time to earn that Badge, and at that time could not think of any good reason why it might get disappeared.

I then quickly went to the Upwork Support, which is always helpful. There I left a short ticket saying "I have lost my Rising Talent Badge after taking the Video Verificaiton."

The Support was there for me all the time and sent me a reply very promptly. But I was a little down as I read his reply which suggested me a few possible reasons and he was clearly trying to convince me that it might be my mistake that the Badge had gone.

I wrote a reply on that again as the ticket was still open then. I told him that I had finished 2 jobs with a successful result and got all really good feedbacks from the clients. Also mentioned that my profile is 100% completed and there was no one failure within past 90 days. That meant I couldn't think of any reason of its disappearance.

His reply to me was then something like he couldn't provide the reason as it's not he or his department's role to handle that kind of information. And he closed the ticket. So I couldn't reach him any further.

This is the long story of why I have come here.

Hello, Community. I hope by any means I can get my Rising Talent Badge back, since I think there might be some error on the system that took my Badge just by accident.

Please somebody help me and let me know what I can do.

Thank you in advance.

Ruslan

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

On your My Stats Page, what does it say for "Recent account holds?"

recent holds.jpg

ruslan08
Community Member

Hi, Petra.

I have "Recent Account Holds" of 0 for my profile.recent_account_holds.PNGAnd according to Valeria it is good to have 0 for that, right?

petra_r
Community Member

Ruslan R wrote:

Hi, Petra.

I have "Recent Account Holds" of 0 for my profile.recent_account_holds.PNGAnd according to Valeria it is good to have 0 for that, right?

In that case you got private feedback on one of your contracts that caused the Rising Talent badge to go away, so are no longer eligible.

ruslan08
Community Member

Hi.

I have received 2 feedbacks from the clients and the Badge was there for a few weeks.

It's gone when I have completed the video verification. So I don't think any private feedback could cause this, I did satisfied my clients anyway.

Is your profile picture a real picture of you?

Hi, Mary.

Of course, it's my picture. Verified already through video call.

Can you have a look at my profile? Why my rising talent badge is gone? Please help me!

Zubair S wrote:
Can you have a look at my profile? Why my rising talent badge is gone? Please help me!

Did you cancel a job without payment or has a job been fully refunded or has been open for more than a couple of months with nothing ever paid? If none pof those apply, you probably had not-so-great private feedback from whatever job was closed immediately before the badge vanished.

maimai024
Community Member

my rising talent badge also gone when I turn off the first readiness test result on my profile, I dont know if that's the real cause. But it went back when I turn on the first readiness test I took.

Hi, Mailyn.

Thanks for your attention.

I didn't turn off my readiness test result. Can you give me some other suggestions?

steve-d
Community Member

Hi, in my experience the Rising Talent badge was completely unpredictable. I initially received the badge and then a couple of days later it disappeared - fine, I figured, maybe I received some not-so-great private feedback.

Then maybe two weeks later it appeared again, before disappearing again within 24 hours. I did not start or close any jobs immediately prior to this second appearance of the RT badge, so I have no idea what that was about  🤷

The RT badge then reappeared for a third time before I got my Job Success Score (JSS). 

It's frustratingly unpredictable, and all you can really do is hold on until you receive your JSS, and then spend your time worrying about that instead 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths