My Stats Question

Hello All, I am a recenlty morated Elancer still trying to figure out the Upwork system. I stumbled in the My Stats area today and see that under MARKETING EFFECTIVENESS it tells me I was interviewed 'more often' than my peers in the SALES & MARKETING CATEGORY... which is great execpt that I am a GRAPHIC DESIGNER and have no idea how I would have gotten categorized this way.

To say this interface is less than intuitive would be a vast understatment. I can't find any place that let's me choose a category and/or of this even matters in terms of which clients might see my profile.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help you may have.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10

I believe you choose categories if you set up an account, but if you just moved I suppose you didn't do that.

If you click the profile/account drop-down and choose "Settings" and then go to "Profile Settings," you can change your categories there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10

I believe you choose categories if you set up an account, but if you just moved I suppose you didn't do that.

If you click the profile/account drop-down and choose "Settings" and then go to "Profile Settings," you can change your categories there.

jsutherland

I would suggest watching all the YouTube videos that **edited for Community Guidelines** has on their site there as well as all the video available here. That would at least give you a foothold. Then you basically explore the rest of the site like most of us have done and use the search feature in the forum here for questions. The answers are out there 🙂

Thanks for the advice. I have watched some of them but finding a specific answer to a specific problem is virtually impossible without contacting support or asking in the forums. I am finding it's taking a LOT of time to just look at the posted jobs (it's very slow even in terms of responsiveness) and unfortunatey the quality of the projects don't justify my spending hours upon hours just to get to a functioning level. I am hoping it improves quickly once Elance is completely shut down but I'm not counting on it.

Paula,

There is speculation that being in too many categories is a disadvantage. You may find more focused results and visibility if you choose skills that are in as few categories as possible. Even then, as on Elance, you will encounter a lot of "noise" in the jobs matched to your profile, which we imagine bears some relation to how prospective clients find us.

Best,

Michael