My Stats Updates?

anu_livedata
Anu G Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
31 of 41
Thanks Jean ! ..Great idea Preston +1 🙂
anu_livedata
Anu G Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
32 of 41
I am < 6 months old on Upwork so there is really no other time frames to pick from. I am so confused if JSS is really trying to protect me right now. I have got perfect scores for a multiple projects barring 1 nightmare project few hours long and 1 paused project another few hours which I had to finally close . My scores haven't changed from 89 even after completing the biggest project so far in Dec 1st cycle and CS ignored the support ticket. I still want to believe JSS is trying to protect me .
jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
33 of 41

@Anu G wrote:
I am < 6 months old on Upwork so there is really no other time frames to pick from. I am so confused if JSS is really trying to protect me right now. I have got perfect scores for a multiple projects barring 1 nightmare project few hours long and 1 paused project another few hours which I had to finally close . My scores haven't changed from 89 even after completing the biggest project so far in Dec 1st cycle and CS ignored the support ticket. I still want to believe JSS is trying to protect me .

I see what you are saying.

The big problem is the one hit you took on the bad job and the fact that you only have 9 jobs so far.

Then you had another No Feedback which would lower your score.

It's going to take a longer time to move back up because of that one bad one.

I agree that  Customer Service should have responded to you but you'll actually get better answers here than you will with them. 

marwanz
Marwan A Member Since: Dec 18, 2008
34 of 41

Hi,

When the job success score was added to Upwork I had a 100% score.

Two weeks ago the score dropped to 97% and yesterday it dropped to 94%.

According to the Upwork help page:

For example, a contract will no longer be counted in your 6-month window once it is 6-months and one day old.

So I checked my contracts in the past 6 months and I see only 2 contract were closed (one with 5 stars rating and the other left no rating because the client seems to have left Upwork) and started 2 new contracts which are still in progress.

Can you tell me why my score dropped to 94%? It seems very wrong.

Also please note that I have the Top Rated badge.

Thanks

pavlox
Papa B Member Since: Sep 4, 2015
35 of 41

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the community section of Upwork.

I've been here since mid-September 2015, so I am fairly new to the platform.

I started getting clients in October and since then, I've been getting more and I am happy with the results.

I was in the Rising Talent program for a long time which was very helpful to find more clients but some days ago I got removed from it temporarely (as the email said).

Today I wake up, log in, and see I've gotten my first JSS, and got extremely sad when seeing the score, only 60%.

I felt like all the hard work I've been putting here was useless, especially considering how hard it is to win jobs for a newbie. If you check my profile you can see how I've satisfied literally all of my clients, and they all left 5 star feedback. So I have no idea how my JSS is 60%?

I thought it could be because I have contracts that are still going, but this is not MY FAULT. One is paused by Upwork and I can't do anything about it since I haven't heard from the client in a long time and the other one well, never logged any hour and haven't had any news from the client since day one, and he had set the time to 0 hr a week, so I can't do anything about it either. I do not want to end the contracts since they can affect my JSS I guess.

The other on going contracts, well same story again, even though a couple of them I know they will give me more work soon, the other ones, never reply to messages, so why should I be penalized for something I can't control?

This is totally unfair and has ruined all the hard work I've put here. Now, it will be harder to find jobs with this 60% JSS than it was without it. Thanks Upwork.

sk-andaleeb
Community Guru
Tanzeel Z Member Since: May 26, 2015
36 of 41

hI, Papa Bonalumi!

I will say do not be disappointed. You have only 7 jobs so even 1 negative private feedback can hurt your score badly. In the other words, one good job can significantly increase your score. Do not think much about your score right now. You have great 5-star feedback comments. Improve your profile text. I think you should make it a little longer and add your keywords. Keep working with current clients and see if any contract can go beyond the 3-month mark. 

Did you give any refund? 

sk-andaleeb
Community Guru
Tanzeel Z Member Since: May 26, 2015
37 of 41

According to Upwork algorithm, the score can be calculated like this one:

(Successful projects-negative outcome)/total outcomes

That gives me: 6-1/7=   5/7=  71.42% JSS. 

But again, we do not know the exact calculations. It is a possibility that one contract got negative private ranking or your inactive contracts are hurting the JSS. In any case, do not be disappointed. Many will tell you the same statement. Your job score will get balanced after a few more contracts are completed. 

Thanks. 

pavlox
38 of 41

Thanks for replying. By the way, no, I didn't give any refund. I have one job that is paused by Upwork, but the client was satisfied with my work. Another one, I haven't logged any hours and I still can't (since the client has put the limit to 0 hrs a week) and I haven't heard of him since the first day.

Hopefully it will go up, I send messages to old clients asking them to end contracts but they seem inactive, so I can't do anything about it.

The thing is I rather go back to when I only had the Rising Talent badge without JSS.

With this poor JSS score, it's gonna be even harder.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
39 of 41

I would close dead contracts. I do it all the time.

pavlox
40 of 41

Thanks but will that affect my JSS? I mean it's already horrible right now, I don't even want to think if it affected my JSS even more.

@Nicolas Thanks. Yes I think I've had a great start so far and was enjoying this platform, I check it daily and read community posts to become better but today when I woke up, it felt like a backstab, I know how important that number is to freelancers and especially to a newbie like me. And you're right, I've noticed that too, who was lower than 90% JSS then the blue bar starts making no sense at all.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS