Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Stats, does they match reality?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 15

In the last 90 day I have only being hired 8 times, If I am hireded more than average I dont event want to imagine the situation of most freelancers. 

Screenshot from 2015-11-18 13-49-59.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
2 of 15

I should have your complaint Mario! Smiley Happy 

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I worked as an egg picker on a freerange farm.  I'd pick eggs up from the ground and from nests and gently place them into crates holding 30 eggs. I could carrry 10 crates high at one time when I felt like it but this day it was only 6 crates high and having a great shift. 

Until a rooster spotted me. He was a mean suck er and the biggest of the lot. He'd had his eye on me since I first started there. 

He wound himself up and took a running leap at me, clawed feet coming at me like so many knives thrown by a gypsy on the circuit.  The eggs fell to the ground and then a

6 crates fell out of my hands and splattered on the ground.  

A huge swarm of chickens came to cannabilize their unborn children. I had to start over again and get my quota for that pen before the owner noticed the carnage left behind by my error in judgement.

That's why you don't put all your eggs in one basket. Better to spread out the baskets (crates in my case, and sources of work opps for you) and you'll always have eggs set aside. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 15

To me your stats look good. I read this as people hiring you without a bid. Are you getting a lot of invites or repeat customers? I don't know if "hired" counts if it's a repeat customer though.

I'm pretty much 75% on all three sections.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 15

11 invitations in the last 90 days none of them result in  job , and only one returning  client in the last 3 months

Highlighted
Community Guru
Julianne G Member Since: Oct 21, 2015
5 of 15

Well, that doesn't sound too bad, but I guess that would depend how big the jobs are.  If I had gotten 8 jobs at $5 per job, I would think that was pretty sucky.  If I had 8 jobs at $1000 per job... not so bad.  So I guess that by itself it's not a terribly meaningful metric.

As for the invites, I don't seem to have a quantity of invite problem.  I have had multiple invites in the last few days alone, but I find myself declining a very very high percentage--mostly for low budget, but sometimes because the client didn't bother to describe the job very well. It would be nice if clients reviewed profiles to find suitable matches before inviting people.  I saw an invite today for one of my team members who has a minimum rate of $65 an hour to write a 17,000-word cookbook for $50. Not only is the budget insulting, but the job doesn't even come close to her skillset.  [sigh]  

As an interesting side note, I didn't even know that UpWork had a My Stats section.  I feel kinda behind... 

Where would I find this information?  

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
David B Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
6 of 15

> Where would I find this information?  

There's a gray menu strip across the top; near the right is "My Stats".

My "hired" rate is well below average!! Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
7 of 15

Dear Julianne

I only know it as a freelancer, I don't know if agencies or clients also have it. In our case, the button is located between the "Profile" and "Tests" buttons.

https://www.upwork.com/my-stats/

Regards

Thomas

Highlighted
Community Guru
Julianne G Member Since: Oct 21, 2015
8 of 15

Must not have it for agency accounts, because I don't have one of those buttons.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 15

@Julianne G wrote:

Must not have it for agency accounts, because I don't have one of those buttons.

Thanks!

Julianne, it looks like you are an exclusive member of the agency and therefore do not have My Stats page. Since you are the owner of that agency as well, you can change it by following this steps:

- switch to your agency context by clicking on the picture in the upper-right corner

- go to Settings in the same drop-down menu

- in the Company Settings click on Members and Permissions and click "Edit" under Freelancer Type

- select "Make Non-Exclusive"

As a non-exclusive member of the agency you will be able to view My Stats page. Note that non-exclusive agency members can choose if they want to apply for a job as an individual freelancer or as an agency member.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 15
Julianne: mine are jobs rangeing form 500 to 3000 something like that
@Julianne G wrote:

Well, that doesn't sound too bad, but I guess that would depend how big the jobs are.  If I had gotten 8 jobs at $5 per job, I would think that was pretty sucky.  If I had 8 jobs at $1000 per job... not so bad.  So I guess that by itself it's not a terribly meaningful metric.

As for the invites, I don't seem to have a quantity of invite problem.  I have had multiple invites in the last few days alone, but I find myself declining a very very high percentage--mostly for low budget, but sometimes because the client didn't bother to describe the job very well. It would be nice if clients reviewed profiles to find suitable matches before inviting people.  I saw an invite today for one of my team members who has a minimum rate of $65 an hour to write a 17,000-word cookbook for $50. Not only is the budget insulting, but the job doesn't even come close to her skillset.  [sigh]  

As an interesting side note, I didn't even know that UpWork had a My Stats section.  I feel kinda behind... 

Where would I find this information?  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS