Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Stats, does they match reality?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
David B Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
11 of 15

> ...mine are jobs rangeing form 500 to 3000 something like that...

That's excellent!  Congrats!

But it does point out a major fallacy with the connects system, (which were originally supposed to be somewhat proportional to the size of the jobs).

If one is bidding for a four-figure job, then it makes absolute sense to use two connects to apply.

If jobs pay $20, and I have a 10% chance of landing a particular job, (i.e., one for every ten applications), and each application effectively costs me $2 worth of connects, then 100% of my gross income is spent on finding work.

Sure, I have a number of jobs in between those levels.  But the Upwork sorting algorithms clearly favor workers who stay active in the system, and sometimes I sense that there's some merit in taking some of the tiny jobs, just to remind the system that I'm still alive, even if I take a loss financially.

Plus, there are tons of workers who can't take the larger jobs at all, and the deck sure seems stacked against them.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Ivan S Member Since: Oct 24, 2015
12 of 15

My stats are very similar - I guess if you are hired at least couple of times, you would be much better than average.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
13 of 15

That means that most people dont get any jobs? 

@Ivan S wrote:

My stats are very similar - I guess if you are hired at least couple of times, you would be much better than average.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
14 of 15

Remember my stats form last week this is how they look now.

Screenshot from 2015-11-27 08-57-29.png

Highlighted
Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
15 of 15

Untitled-1.png

I think those are pretty high stats, maybe because I don't target the highest paying contracts?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS