🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My TIN is not approved.
Page options
alexalldev
Community Member

My TIN is not approved.

Hello! I'm from Belarus and I need to approve my TIN. I have certificate of state registration as Individual Entrepreneur. I have setted up my TIN on Tax Information page in VAT section. But I have recieved email, that my TIN is not Approved. What I can to do to?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alexander G wrote:

I understand, thank you! But if I will enter my NDS number Upwork will not charge 20% from me?

Do you have an NDS number? If you do, then Upwork will still charge you its service fee (20% on the first $ 500 with any one client, 10% between $ 500 and $ 10 000 with the same client, and 5% thereafter) - just not the VAT (NDS) on the service fee and connects.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Alexander G wrote:

Hello! I'm from Belarus and I need to approve my TIN. I have certificate of state registration as Individual Entrepreneur. I have setted up my TIN on Tax Information page in VAT section. But I have recieved email, that my TIN is not Approved. What I can to do to?

A TIN is a tax identification number and meant for paying income tax.

This is different to a VAT (Value Added Tax) number. The Belarus VAT Number is known as "Nalog na dobavlennuyu stoimost (NDS)"

Upwork do not need or want or have any use for your TIN (Tax ID Number) - and if you do not have a VAT number (Nalog na dobavlennuyu stoimost or NDS), you just leave that blank.

I understand, thank you! But if I will enter my NDS number Upwork will not charge 20% from me?

Alexander G wrote:

Do you have an NDS number? If you do, then Upwork will still charge you its service fee (20% on the first $ 500 with any one client, 10% between $ 500 and $ 10 000 with the same client, and 5% thereafter) - just not the VAT (NDS) on the service fee and connects.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members