🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Upwork profile is not indexing in SERP
Page options
e77d50ce
Community Member

My Upwork profile is not indexing in SERP

Hi Upwork Team,

My upwork profile is not indexing in Google SERP. Can anyone please tell me the reason?
Response would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

When you profile visibility is set to Public, the setting controls the display of your profile in search engines (i.e., Google, Bing, etc.) Since your profile is visible, it is up to Google and Bing's web crawlers to visit your Upwork profile, analyze it and index it.

Since you are considered Rising Talent, I'm guessing your profile is quite new. There are thousands of other Google Ad Managers whose profiles have been on Upwork for years and they are already indexed in Google/Bing search results. Your newer profile is not likely to jump past those established profiles any time soon.

For example, Upwork will display profiles through Google:

If you conduct a more specific search like "google ads manager Faizan T," Google has no problem finding you. Google displays one of your projects on page 1 for this search:

celgins_3-1687182780153.png

This doesn't meant much because most people will not search Google for ad managers and use your name.

For decades, Google/Bing SERPs have positioned content based on their algorithms and it's difficult to know where you will be positioned. Within Upwork, there is only so much SEO you can do to affect how or where you are shown in offline SERPs.

To help with your profile, you may want to add Google Ads and Pay Per Click Advertising as skill categories to your skills list. Prospective clients search for specific skills, and Upwork's algorithm uses your skills list to match you with projects. If a client searches for Google Ads and Pay Per Click Advertising, thousands of freelancers will likely show up for those keywords before you do.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hoyle_editing
Community Member

To be honest, reading your profile you have placed yourself as the expert in this field, so im not sure why you would need to ask!

celgins
Community Member

When you profile visibility is set to Public, the setting controls the display of your profile in search engines (i.e., Google, Bing, etc.) Since your profile is visible, it is up to Google and Bing's web crawlers to visit your Upwork profile, analyze it and index it.

Since you are considered Rising Talent, I'm guessing your profile is quite new. There are thousands of other Google Ad Managers whose profiles have been on Upwork for years and they are already indexed in Google/Bing search results. Your newer profile is not likely to jump past those established profiles any time soon.

For example, Upwork will display profiles through Google:

If you conduct a more specific search like "google ads manager Faizan T," Google has no problem finding you. Google displays one of your projects on page 1 for this search:

celgins_3-1687182780153.png

This doesn't meant much because most people will not search Google for ad managers and use your name.

For decades, Google/Bing SERPs have positioned content based on their algorithms and it's difficult to know where you will be positioned. Within Upwork, there is only so much SEO you can do to affect how or where you are shown in offline SERPs.

To help with your profile, you may want to add Google Ads and Pay Per Click Advertising as skill categories to your skills list. Prospective clients search for specific skills, and Upwork's algorithm uses your skills list to match you with projects. If a client searches for Google Ads and Pay Per Click Advertising, thousands of freelancers will likely show up for those keywords before you do.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members