cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account blocked and manager not answering

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 25

Hi All,

You may notice that a few comments have been removed from this thread. Please, make sure to treat other members of the Community professionally and with respect.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
12 of 25

I felt I did treat this person respectfully Valeria and considering the tone of this person' s comments directed at other freelancers, I was being an angel. Smiley Happy 

Md R Member Since: May 13, 2018
13 of 25

My Account also has been blocked how to back?

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
14 of 25

Hi Md. Can I please check if you are referring to your Upwork account?

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Md R Member Since: May 13, 2018
15 of 25

ok. sure

Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
16 of 25
Hi Alona
My comment was also deleted but I was only trying to cheer you up .and am hoping everything will be sorted out for you.
Alona S Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
17 of 25

No answer from manager yet

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
18 of 25

Alona, For all my previous comments, this does seem very unfair. None of us (freelancers) can help - so don't yell at us! I just hope this works out for you.

Upwork it does seem very odd, that a freelancer should have money 'available' and then suddenly it is not. If the client is to blame, it is absolutely out of order that you should be tarring and feathering the OP for things beyond her control.

It seems to me that funding is a rather loose term in the Upwork mandate. Escrow for a fixed-price job can be funded without money. Hourly jobs can be paid without money . . . that is, until the freelancer legitimately claims it.  I think Alona is owed an explanation - a clear explanation.

This widget could not be displayed.
19 of 25
This widget could not be displayed.

A client who does not want to be verified and does need urgent work in the night can be regarded as a bogus "client".

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
20 of 25

@Nichola L wrote:

It seems to me that funding is a rather loose term in the Upwork mandate. Escrow for a fixed-price job can be funded without money.

No, it can not.

However, it can be funded with "someone else's" money, such as a hacked PayPal account or a cloned or stolen credit card. In those cases the money goes back to the payment method and the rightful owner.

I am not saying that this is what happened here, but with fixed rate contracts it is the usual reason.

With hourly there is a guarantee in place that the freelancer s paid even if the client does not pay or uses a stolen credit card, provided the hours were logged according to the rules.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS