🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My account got suspended and I don't know why...
Page options
e041f2e4
Community Member

My account got suspended and I don't know why.

Hello,

My account got suspended and I don't know why.

The full story goes like this:

My account got a 'temporary hold', I assumed it was because I logged from a different browser (although I was on the same computer, I'm a web developer, I use different browsers to see how the do with different pages and I tend to log from my accounts on most of them, so I can do anything from any browser, pretty useful you see?) because that was the last thing I did before getting the temporary hold. I actually didn't got a reason for the hold other than "we have noticed some irregular activity in your Upwork account." Which is not very specific. Of course I responded to the ticket to clarify that there was nothing with my logging or the account, got a link to verify Location and ID, but there was a slight problem with that, you ask for a national ID with my current address on it, ask for the expiration date of the ID and only permit to upload one picture (which would mean only the front side, while there's part of other information such as birthday on the back of the ID), also here in Colombia national IDs don't contain address or an expiration date, here you only get a new ID card if you loose the old one, so that infomation it's not on them. I sent the verification thinking that it was ok, or maybe something common, they said I'd recieve a response on 24 hours, it's been almost 60 hours, and when I go to check my account I notice that it is suspended, but i got no notification or mail about the reason it got suspended at all.

I'd apreciate the help on this issue, thank you.

have a good day.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Nicolas.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Nicolas.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e041f2e4
Community Member

Thank you for your concern, I did got a ticket reply, I just answered that.

Can you help me again to get a quick reply to that? So we can resolve this as quickly as possible.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicolas,

Please allow time for them to carefully investigate all facts and once they do they will reach out to you with more details. Thank you for patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan 

My friend's Upwork account**Edited for community guidelines**got suspended .. she has created that account on 7th May and did 5 bids yesterday .. she doesn't know why her account got suspended tough she has followed all the upwork terms and conditions as well  .. she really wanna work on this platform please help her out .. 
Her upwork id is 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Looking forward to your reply! Her Username is:

Thanks 

Anjali 

Hi Anjali,

We won't be able to share any information about your friend's account. You may request your friend to reach out to us directly regarding their account status. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

she is unable to reach you with her account ..

When she is trying to reach 

This message in red block gets displayed : 

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

that's why I contacted upwork from her behalf .. please help her out 
Her profile is

Could you please help 

Hi Anjali,

Please have your friend refer to the notification that was previously shared with her for more information about their account status. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes.. I have shared previous message with her .. but she is unable to connect you guys through her own profile 

Please help her solving this issue as she is new on upwork so she don't know how to sort this out ... but still she tried but unable to send any message to upwork community 

she really wanna work on this platform .. please sort this issue on her profile 

Thanks 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members