cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My account has been suspended. Please contact customer support.

joaggi
Joseph Alejandro G Member Since: Oct 21, 2016
1 of 6

Hello everyone,

I'm new in upwork and yesterday I complete my cv and apply to a Job. Today, when I join to upwork a message is displaying, saying that my accouant has been suspeneded.

What is the reason of this suspended

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 6

I'm guessing that the cause is the significant overlap between your Profile and other internet sites, such as S***** Ire******'s resume site and at least one Linked-In Profile. The word-for-word coincidence is astonishing. Perhaps your account is on hold while Upwork performs some interesting statistical analysis on what the odds are of such a remarkable occurrence: verbatim wording on un-related websites.

joaggi
Joseph Alejandro G Member Since: Oct 21, 2016
3 of 6

So the only thing that I can do is to wait?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Joseph Alejandro,

Please follow the instructions from the notification you received yesterday, in order to speak with our team and verify your identity and profile details.

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

Joseph Alejandro G wrote:

So the only thing that I can do is to wait?

No, there is something else you can / should / must do:

Write your OWN profile overview YOURSELF. Do not copy someone else's or from the internet. Ever!

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

re: "So the only thing that I can do is to wait?"

Many in the Community Forum do not believe that a freelancer whose solitary manifest job skill is "copy-and-paste" constitutes a genuine benefit to the Upwork community.

Joseph, many people would probably prefer that you just wait. But if you want to succeed here, this is what you need to do:

- Carefully consider what your main job skill/main area of expertise is.

- Take time to search for and look at many profiles of successful Upwork freelancers who offer those same skills. Do not copy anything from their profile pages, but try to understand the underlying essence of what they have done on the pages.

- Without looking at the pages of other people or any templates that you find on the Internet, take some time to write about what YOU can do for clients. Write in your own words. IN SPANISH. Do not copy and paste.

- Hire somebody to translate what you wrote from Spanish into English. Do not use Google translate.

- Post at least 4 items that you created yourself in your portfolio. Do not copy anything from other profile pages. Do not copy things from the Internet. These portfolio items DO NOT NEED to be projects you were paid to create. They can be projects you created, by yourself, for school, or which were created specifically for your profile page

- Reduce the number of skills shown at the top of the page to no more than 4. After you have completed some jobs, you may add more.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS