cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account is still suspended after My ID verification

Sheik Mubarak S Member Since: Dec 23, 2015
1 of 16

Hello All,

Two days back , My account is restricted for financial transactions and applying new jobs due to one of my client paid bonus 20$ for me. I received the mail for providing job and client details. After i provided the relevant details, the i received the mail for ID verification. I have submitted the documents for ID verification on the same day.

Yesterday morning i got the mail for "Your ID has been verified". But when  i was login the upwork and Still the my account in the same status. Im not even see my profile and submitted proposals. I'm very frustrated that why the account is still restricted status after my successful verification.

Attached the verification email snapshot.

As I'm have a long holidays, I'm planned to do jobs in upwork. Due to this account restrictions, My plan was crashed. 

Thanks,

Sheik Mubarak S

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 16

I don't understand why your account got suspended because of the bonus that you received. I mean, you did great on a job and you got punished - this doesn't make any sense at all.

3 of 16
Actually the client cancelled the job after hired me.. But he sent some bonus pay 20 dollars for my effort which got surprised myself..

After 2 days,The upwork account suspended due to this activity.. But the problem is why is still suspended mode, after successful id verification.
Thanks..
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 16

Hi SHEIK MUBARAK,

I see you recently received a reply from our team, so please keep checking your ticket for further updates. 

Thank you for your patience.

5 of 16

Hi Experts,

I received the response as my account is under review because of the client ID is not verified yet. 

Please someone help me to understand the Upwork Policies and Rules:-

1.  I applied the job through upwork verified client and I have provided all the details which are required from support team and My ID also got verified. May i know, What is the mistake i did?

2. Why my account got restricted for client verification process. Even I don't have any inprogress jobs with that client.

3. How long I have to wait for client ID verification. In worst case, the client ID is not verified or he is disappeared, What about my account status? 

I am feeling worried and depressed on this.  Please help on this.

Regards,

Sheik Mubarak S 

6 of 16

Hello All,

I have received the mail seven days ago, My account got limited for financial transactions due to clients activity.And I have provided the details about the client and also submitting the documents for my ID verification and I got the message as My ID got successfully verified before 5 days . 

But Im in the same situation that my account is still under restriction because the client is not initiated the verification process.When I contacted the client, i feel that he is not having much knowledge about the process/document submission. As he is very new in upwork, I don't know about his interest to take and complete this. 

Im feeling very frustrated and worried on this. 

Please someone help me to reinstate my account and i will appreciate that If you know how much time take to reinstate. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Regards,

Sheik Mubarak S

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 16

Hi Sheik,

Please, refer to the message the team sent to you yesterday. Unfortunately, we will not be able to share more details about your account suspension here in the public Community.

We can't accept a Student ID for verification. Please, refer to this help article for more information about acceptable documents.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Babatunde S Member Since: Feb 26, 2017
8 of 16

Hi all. I've got the same issue. I successfully verified my identity with the right docuemnts(Government issued international Passport and valid Bank statement) Yet me account is still limited even after I got the message that my I have successfully completed and passed the verification process and that my account has been re-instated to normal. I tried everything but all features are disabled and I can't do anything with the account. Please help to check this out ASAP!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 16

Hi Babatunde,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Babatunde S Member Since: Feb 26, 2017
10 of 16

Hello Bojan. Thanks for taking up interest in my case. I would appreciate all the help you can render. Thanks again.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS