cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account is suspended

Adeeb A Member Since: Apr 11, 2015
1 of 20

Hi,

My account is suspended and I don't know the exact reason.  I have 4.93 ratting but don;t know why my account is suspended?

Can anybody help me out??

More over elance and upwork are merging now.

Can elance account merge or replace to a suspended odesk account?

Regard;s

Adeeb Ahmad

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 20

What's your job satisfaction score?

That seems to have a lot to do with suspensions.

3 of 20

Hi David,

My job satisfaction rate is 71 percent. Please help me out what is the exact issue.

Regard;s

Adeeb Ahmad

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
4 of 20

Hi Adeeb,

There are many factors for account suspension, one of them being the inappropriate photo that you have. You need to put a real photo of yourself in order to be able to work on the platform.

I would suggest you contact Customer Support through a ticket and ask for more details. They will give you instructions and potentially help you get your account back. We can’t do much on the forum, as we don’t have the details for your suspension.

I doubt that if they close your account on UpWork you can just transfer the one from Elance, as that would be unfair to people who only work on UpWork. However, I don’t know the rules in relation to this.

5 of 20

They don't give me any specific reason. 

Can you please confirm that during merge, can I transfer my elance account to upwork ?

I have changed my picture today. When my account get banned, I have appropriate pic.

I have checked that I can apply on jobs, withdraw funds and do every thing on my suspended account. Can you please tell me that what kind of suspension is that?

Regard;s

Adeeb Ahmad

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 20

Maybe it wasn't a suspension. Maybe it was just a warning. If you have a strong Elance profile, I wouldn't merge them. You'll likely just merge to a suspended account. Although, if they see your Elance history (assuming it's good) then maybe it will help them lean more towards reinstatement. If the Elance history is meh, I wouldn't pile on the issue.

7 of 20

Thanks Jenneifer,

My both profiles on upwork and elance have good history. In upwor, my score is 4.97 with 71 percent job satisfaction. While on elane, I have 4.8 with 200 projects. 

Elance is closing now and all freelancers will be transferred to the upwork. I have no option but to merge it.

Please help me out in this manner.

Regad;s

Adeeb Ahmad

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 20

Well, if I'm looking at the right Elance profile, you do seem to have a good history there. I would wait for a mod. I doubt merging will magically pull you out of a suspension, but you have a lot of feedback and a good rep on Elance, so maybe it will help with the review process. I think you should wait for a mod's advice on that.

9 of 20

Thanks again Jennifer. Can you please recommend me any employee of upwork which can help me out in this manner?

Regard;d

Yogesh B Member Since: Nov 20, 2014
10 of 20

Hi,

May be you are facing some temporary technical problem which I hope will be resolved automatically, especially if there is no reason for account suspension, you can easily get it restored even if its a real suspension based on some misinformed decision.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS