Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account is suspended

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
11 of 20

Yogesh,

I am sorry to disappoint you but “easy” and “account reinstallation” don’t go in the same sentence on this platform. People have waited for months to get their accounts back even in cases when they did nothing wrong. Unfortunately this process is very long and frustrating.

Adeeb A Member Since: Apr 11, 2015
12 of 20

Are you sure about this?????

Community Guru
13 of 20

Yes, I am sure that the process is usually very long. It all depends on the problem that caused the suspension and how fast you can respond to CS instructions. Maybe you will be the first freelancer who got a 24 hour solution, I don’t know.

You might want to explore the forum a bit and read the experience of other freelancers. That might give you an idea of the length of the process.

Edited to add:

JS - job score

CS - Customer Support 

Community Guru
14 of 20

Adeeb,

The only people who can confirm/deny something are the moderators. We can only give our own opinion on things according to the details you have provided.

Be patient, if you’ve contacted Customer Support through a ticket they will tell you what you need to do.

By the way, how did you get to the conclusion that your account is suspended? If you are able to do all those things that you have listed then I don’t think your account is suspended.

I have never heard of UpWork giving warnings prior to suspension. They might warn you for a low JS, but if they want to suspend your account they’ll suspended it first, and then ask any questions. Unfortunately that is how things go here (unless something has changed).

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 20
re: "I have checked that I can apply on jobs, withdraw funds and do every thing on my suspended account."

Aleksandra is totally right to question whether or not you are actually suspended. Your post makes no sense because a suspended account can't do these things, and you seem to have no limitations. I'm very curious about exactly what you read or saw that made you think your account is suspended.
16 of 20

I don't know what kind of suspension it is????? When ever I login to my account, it shows a message on the top that your account has been suspended

17 of 20

What JS stands for?????

18 of 20

After contacting support team of upwork, I got back my account. I am very thankful to the team of Upwork. I am so happy that I can;t explain it in my work. 

Thanks again or restoring my account.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
19 of 20

Adeeb,

Thanks for giving us an update on what happened.

Forum moderator Valeria's clarification was helpful in understanding this situation. There are different types of administrative actions that can be taken with accounts. If an account is "under review," it is not the same thing as if an account is terminated, and these are both different from if an account has its financial withdrawals limited.

From what Adeeb described, it sounds as if there is now a clear visual notifier shown on a contractor's interface, letting them know that their account is under review.

That's good thing, a positive development, because previously contractors were given no such notification.

If the terminology refers to the action as being "suspended" or "under suspension", then this a bit confusing, because that isn't always the terminology we have used, at least externally. If that is the preferred terminology, it may be helpful to have the meaning further clarified in some accesible way, or perhaps consider the appropriateness of the designation.

Being "suspended" may convey the seriousness within which Upworks views the situation, but it is a misleading about the actual ramifications of this status. As Adeeb noted, being "suspended" did not prevent him from continuing to work on jobs or withdraw his earnings. The term "suspension" also seems inelegant and misleading considering the fact that many "on review" actions are triggered by accumulated mathematical measurments that don't reflect any actual poor performance or policy violations on the part of the contractor.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 20

Hi Adeeb and others,

Just to clarify, Adeeb's account was under review and a notification was sent to him about the status of his account. After the review was completed, his account was restored.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS