🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My account suspended
Page options
olexandr7
Community Member

My account suspended

Hi. My account was suspended and I've received an email asking me to upload documents. I did and it soon will be a total of 24 hours. I am worried because I have verified my acc before with ID and video call. Now it's an instant suspension with no reason, except quite a stupid one: "We noticed you have changed your name recently" if I remember it right. So what if I've changed my name from "Olexandr" to "Oleksandr" to match my ID card? And it wasn't recently it was almost a year ago! All my clients are highly satisfied with my job, I have all good reviews and you lock my account like I am a criminal. Even in banks, they don't block people's accounts to give them time to provide needed information. And you can contact a real human there to resolve it fast. Can I get help here to clear the things? I don't want to stay in the unknown for a week or so.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksandr,

I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your open ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksandr,

I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your open ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm surprised I can withdraw my earnt money from my suspended account(I didn't have a lot available, was just checking due to curiosity). Still, the bureaucracy is insane, and several days passed throughout I had to send different docs multiple times. Awaiting for the last check. 24 hours has been reached and no answer today.

If the fund was blocked too I would be freaked out. I already did thinking the worse. Because you never expect something good from the stupid bureaucracy machine that will swallow an individual without notycing.

On the one hand, I am satisfied with Upwork because it protects me at some level(not sure how much) from dishonest clients that disappear without paying, but on the other, if I personally can be accused of something very idiotic I'd say, or something that I didn't actually do, and I have no right to protest the decision of your "police", it's just scary as hell. This is not how trust is built between the service and its clients(which freelancers also are! We bring you money, guys!).

Just sharing my thoughts - happyness and sadness alongside.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members