🐈
» Forums » Support » My account was stolen
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Hi Victor,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ddm314
Community Member

my phone number is already on another account.  can you help me find out if I have another account.

Hi Danneil,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ee68c763
Community Member

Hi, how are you?
I have a problem, I used to have an account with this email address, now I close it already.
I created a new account with the arutistudio@gmail email, but I can’t get the security code because my phone number is still attached to my first email, could you help please, because I can’t finish the settings 🙏
Thank you in advance

You created a second account.

It is a serious violation of Upwork ToS for a freelancer to do that.

You will need to work with Upwork Customer Support to close the second account (and get rid of it entirely). You may work with Upwork Customer Support to resume using your original account.

Thank you 🙏
I guess I closed already the first account but it doesn’t work.
I closed it because it was a personal account, not a business, I didn’t
know what I can switch it((
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account regardless if the old account is closed.

It looks like you were able to verify your phone number successfully. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wearebunker58
Community Member

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. Can someone. Please help.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Valentina.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6f90087d
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number for my account, however it says I already have an account using that number but I cannot remember the email, username or password for the other account. 

Hi Nia,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
04594db4
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to Upwork, and before taking any work, I must verify my phone number; sadly, each time I try to do this, I receive an error message that tells me my phone number is being used for an existing account. Help!

Hi Isabella,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
lisamarie95
Community Member

When I enter my phone number it tells me it is already in use. Please help.

Hi Lisa,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
melissa
Community Member

I am having same problem.

How do I have that reset?

Thank you.

Hi there, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5e40e1ce
Community Member

I tried setting up a new account through iPhone since it’s more secure but my phone number is being used by an account that got stolen. It won’t let me log into my old account username: seantspence cause the person who stole it changed the email address connected to it. So if I try to change password it goes to their email. How do I regain my old account or delete the old account so I can create one on my iPhone?

Hi Sean,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
eisforeric
Community Member

Getting an error saying my phone number is being used by another account when trying to create my profile. I see some others have had the same issue. I think I tried to create an account a few months ago and never finished the process.

Hi Eric,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
milasade
Community Member

Hi, my account is saying that my phone number is already in use and I am unable to move forward.

Hi Mila,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mariegrover
Community Member

I have an old account I've tried to close, but am unable to as it's attached to a google account.  This account is my current and I am unable to verify this account because it says my phone number is in use.

I've emailed support with no response.  I'm hoping someone can help me!

Hi Marie,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e69b31e3
Community Member

Just logged back into my account and it was having me complete my profile but when I put my phone number in it said it was already in use.

Hello Autumn,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
ashleylindemann
Community Member

I am having this same issue, says phone number in use can someone help please?

Hello Ashley,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
f2fe5ea1
Community Member

I have tried different browsers and different phone numbers multiple times, but I have not received my verification code.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sarah.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gwadmin
Community Member

Hi 

Getting This number is being used by another account on setting up account, but not sure how I raise a ticket for this. Please advise 

Hi Robert,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ishailaja
Community Member

Hi, Good Afternoon!!

Unable to add contact number to the newly ceated first account, getting error message as Number already used by another account. Any pointers on how to resolve it?  Attaching screenshot  for better understanding the situation.

Thank you,

Shailaja

Hi Shailaja,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kanikadluthra
Community Member

Hi - I am trying to create an account and my phone number is not being accepted. Can someone help. 

Hello Kanika,

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
howtoadeel
Community Member

Hi,

Im trying to set up my upwork profile.

When I enter my phone number, it says that the phone number is already used by some other account.

I have tried all my other email addresses, and I dont think any of them are on upwork or are using my phone number.

Is there any way I can get this resolved

Hi Adeel,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
luisramirez154
Community Member

Trying to start a new profile because I no longer have access to the email attached to my previous Upwork account.  While setting it up, it says I can't use my phone number because it is already in use.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths