My account

Hello, everyone.

I am new upworker a few weeks ago.

I have create my profile, but it has some missing to win on a job.

Actually, I can see many new upwork freelancers who has got rising talent on their profile, and I can't get any reply message when I bid on a job.

But I can't find any special or something different with their profile.

*Edited for Community Guidelines**

This is my profile.

Please review my account and help me when you have discovered something wrong or bad on my profile.

Looking forward your kindness helping.

Best Regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your profile is great and your skillset is nice, too.

Two recommendations:

1) Grow a moustache and redo the photo. You look too young and it may put off some clients.

2) As you are a new member, you will not get $50 jobs. You will have to start with ca. $20 an hour. I suggest putting that rate, otherwise you may be not taken seriously (someone who puts $50 front rate applies on jobs at $20 an hour doesn't look serious).

WebRTC is a nice skill to have and you will be surely more successful than 99% of people here (while it doesn't really much).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Your profile is great and your skillset is nice, too.

Two recommendations:

1) Grow a moustache and redo the photo. You look too young and it may put off some clients.

2) As you are a new member, you will not get $50 jobs. You will have to start with ca. $20 an hour. I suggest putting that rate, otherwise you may be not taken seriously (someone who puts $50 front rate applies on jobs at $20 an hour doesn't look serious).

WebRTC is a nice skill to have and you will be surely more successful than 99% of people here (while it doesn't really much).

Thanks for your kindness asistance.

By the way, I can see many new upworkers got rising talent badge on their profile without any job history or job progress. They were all $40~$60 per hour on the hourly rate.

Is there any special to them although they are newer?

Thanks again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Maksym B wrote:

Hello, everyone.

I am new upworker a few weeks ago.

I have create my profile, but it has some missing to win on a job.

Actually, I can see many new upwork freelancers who has got rising talent on their profile, and I can't get any reply message when I bid on a job.

But I can't find any special or something different with their profile.

*Edited for Community Guidelines**

This is my profile.

Please review my account and help me when you have discovered something wrong or bad on my profile.

Looking forward your kindness helping.

Best Regards.

Native English? Being honest about qualifications is essential if you want to find good clients. Moreover, it is not allowed to share the link to your profile here. 

sam-sly

This is my first post to the forum, so forgive me if I overstep or share incorrect information. I have the Rising Star badge, but didn't have it at first. I am not sure exactly what it is based on beyond fully completing your profile. I believe mine appeared after I completed my first job and received feedback. I am not sure whether that is required or just coincidence. I did receive an assignment before I received the Rising Star badge. As another newbie, I recommend applying to jobs that you are qualified for and writing a good pitch for each. 

I am a little confused why I see so many people from different countries who are native English speakers on Upwork. Does that term mean something different here than it does offline? To me, a native speaker grew up learning a language from their family. It is the first language you learn. Bilingual is a little less specific. I know bilingual people who truly have two native languages. For example, I am friends with a couple. The wife is Korean and the husband American, their two-year-old son speaks and understands two languages to the extent any two-year-old can communicate in his native language. A similar thing happens with some Mexican-Americans that I know. For some reason, when I read Native Speaker/Bilingual that is what I expect. I would consider someone who learns another language a different category even if they are fluent. Is there an option to say you are fluent but not a native speaker? That might be a small issue on your profile, though I do not think it is the big issue.

I think the bigger issue is just that Upwork is competitive. It really helps to get that first job and positive feedback. So I guess I would work on selecting the right jobs to apply for and writing a very good pitch. I can't comment on your pricing as I am in a different field. But if you are at the upper end of what is accepted in your field and have no ratings, think about whether it is likely for someone to choose you over others with the same rate and an established record. My first job didn't pay as well as some of my later jobs through Upwork. 

Thanks for your advise.

I thought only showing English as a communication language is efficient on upwork, that's why I didn't add my native language on my profile. But it was wrong, I think.

I just added native languages on my profile.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

Freelancer who falsify their language knowledge want that they appear early in the search results and are recommended to clients who look for somebody with native English.

@ Samantha, you're understanding of native speaker and/or bilingual is 100% correct.

Most translators will only translate language X into their mother tongue and might work as writers ... but only in their mother language.

Far too many providers are either delusional or dishonest ...

rashed160

My account suspended

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rashed,

Please refer to the details our team shared with you and provide the information our agent requested in their message posted at the beginning of December last year.

Untitled