cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My all jobs are 5 stars but my JSS down to 92% Today from 100%.How to increase it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 30

Alexandr P wrote:

it is 77% !but before it was 82 and I expected it to be increased due to 2 last pozitive feedbacks!

Chances are private feedback wasn't as positive as the public feedback.

Highlighted
Alexandr P Member Since: Oct 3, 2017
12 of 30

one of them I know that is positive for sure.because I saw via teamviewer when client was leaving feedback 

Highlighted
13 of 30

and another client is interested for further collaboration that is why there is no reason to leave it

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
14 of 30

On average, over 20% of your clients would not recommend you. Bringing up that percentage would be beneficial to you. If the JSS is intended to reflect the client experience, then doesn't it make sense that you wouldn't have a 100% JSS is at least 20% of your clients weren't pleased enough to recommend you? 

There are freelancers who have a "would recommend" percentage that is 80% or lower and still have a high JSS score. But, those freelancers have other factors that add positives to the score. So the would recommend percentage isn't helping them, but they have other factors that do.

How many long-term clients do you have? Did your long-term client rate recently drop? Did positive feedback recently fall out of your calculation window? If a positive fell out while a less than perfect score is still in the window, your overall score will drop (maybe that less than 5-star rating is hurting you because it is in the calculation window while others fell out). Refunds, canceled contracts, a high no-review to review ratio...

Looking at just the last two weeks of reviews for your answer will only lead to frustration. You must look at the entire continuum of your performance over time.  My JSS dropped after a bad review (public and private) and stayed that way until the review fell out of my 6-month calculation window. Positive reviews helped, but it was only the passage of time and the move of the negative-impact score out of the calculation window that really helped. I learned from this that if I perform well consistently for 6 months, then my score will benefit. If your 2-year performance isn't the best, the focus on only working for solid clients (who leave feedback) for a 6-month period. 

**There is a complication when trying to determine the effect of the would-recommend percentage. That percentage is based on all the contracts for which reviews have been left--over the entire lifetime of your work on Upwork. In contrast, the JSS only considers up to a 24-month window. So, it is possible that your 24-, 12- or 6-month would recommend score (used to calculate JSS) is lower than what you see on your stats page. So, maybe some high 'would recommend' scores fell out of the calculation window while a lower 'would recommend' is still being included. 

Just like Google's guide for SEOs, the instructions for improving your JSS are intended to tell you what to do right but not reveal the methods for calculating the score. All you can do is focus on the named factors. 

Highlighted
Jose Daniel C Member Since: Dec 1, 2018
15 of 30

Hello Petra. I specifically reply to your comment due to this interesting information you provided, so thanks in advance.

I have read everything about JSS dropping and the possibility of bringing it back and reading what you have posted, I think you might help me solve what happened to me. I have had a drop in my JSS of 4% (from 96% to 92%). In these two past weeks, I have landed three different contracts. I have successfully completed multiple milestones on two of them, while on one of them I have not completed it just yet (started the contract two days ago).

I have 100% satisfaction from my clients and 10% of long term clients. I just don't understand what could possibly cause a drop in my JSS when I am working and landing multiple contracts and completing milestone with satisfaction from my clients. The contracts are not closed yet because there are more milestones coming down the way. 

I can't find the sense of what happened to me. Honestly, I just want to avoid this to happen in the future, so any advice is very appreciated.

Highlighted
16 of 30

last contracts was finished successfully and i got pozitive feedbacks!I demand upwork to check it out !

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
17 of 30

Alexandr P wrote:

last contracts was finished successfully and i got pozitive feedbacks!I demand upwork to check it out !

Did you refund (100%) any contracts recently?

UW is never going to give you the exact details of why your JSS fell. They simply don't do that. You can't command them to. I'm not trying to be cold, I'm just saying, the community is giving you as many suggestions as we can but we can't know for sure, and UW is not going to give you, for example, the identity of the client who have you low private feedback, what you had stars knocked off for, etc.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
18 of 30

Hassan R wrote:
Spoiler
My all jobs are 5 stars but my JSS down to 92% Today from 100%.How to increase it.

i think it's just like the Double sides of coin client Gives 5 star and Great Review on my Profile and internal he gives me Negative feedback.

I am Top Rated is it possible for know to remove that internal Feedback?

TIA. 

no, only public feedback can be removed.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lisa B Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
19 of 30

Wrong, using the perk removes private feedback, too. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohamed A. A Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
20 of 30

I agree with Lisa. Removal perks, when applied to a contract, they remove the contract data so that it will not be counted in JSS if it caused a decrease. But, if it doesn't causes the decreasen it will still be counted in the JSS calculations. 
The only case where a contract can't be removed from JSS calculations is when the contract is canceled (and not finished).

So my question concerning this, as I have the same problem today : How could we know wich contract is the cause of the JSS decrease ? (in my case, there are many inactive contracts, many unresponsive clients, and all client were fully satisfied during the collaboration).
Can we hope an accurate response from upwork assistance to advice us which contract is the problem of the decrease, so that it could be removed from Jss using the "removal perk" ? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS