cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My all jobs are 5 stars but my JSS down to 92% Today from 100%.How to increase it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lisa B Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
21 of 30

Not sure what you mean. I recently used the perk to remove feedback from a client who wanted more work than was specified in the contract. The Upwork support person told me I could also choose to use the perk AFTER the JSS was updated to see if that client's feedback adversely affected my score, and THEN use the perk to remove the feedback and put my score back to where it was. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohamed A. A Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
22 of 30

@Lisa

Does the contract has been Ended or canceled ?
If the contract was ENDED : The "removal perk" can be used to get your score back to where it was. (I'm pretty sure that was your case). No matter if you wait until the JSS updated or not, the only benefit to see the update is to get sure that you'll not loose your "Removal Perk" for a bad jugement about that contract.

If the contract is canceled : There is no way to get your JSS back, as the removal perk can't be applied to canceled contracts.

I agree that the difference between "Ended" and "Canceled" could be bit unclear and confusing..
Please note that Ended contract, doesn't mean that the work has been done or completed. It just mean that your received paiement on it, then closed. Canceled contracts are closed with no payments, and normally followed by refund requests and nightmares..

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lisa B Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
23 of 30

Yeah, it was for an ended contract.  I chose to use the perk before today's JSS update, not after.  I've never had a cancelled contract, but I agree with everything you wrote. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 30

MHAMMED A wrote:

Does the contract has been Ended or canceled ?
If the contract was ENDED : The "removal perk" can be used to get your score back to where it was. (I'm pretty sure that was your case). No matter if you wait until the JSS updated or not, the only benefit to see the update is to get sure that you'll not loose your "Removal Perk" for a bad jugement about that contract.

If the contract is canceled : There is no way to get your JSS back, as the removal perk can't be applied to canceled contracts.

You are completely wrong (again)

Please don't confuse people by speading absolute nonsense.

It obviously makes no difference at all whether the contract was ended or cancelled.

The perk can be used to remove the impact of any contract, however it ended.

Martina P wrote:

I am Top Rated is it possible for know to remove that internal Feedback?

no, only public feedback can be removed.

No

The perk will remove the impact of the contract from the JSS calculation. Either only the impact, or the impact and the public feedback.

Whilst the private feedback isn't "removed" as such, it stops affecting the JSS - and, if the freelancer opts to do so, the public feedback can be removed to.

It makes absolutely no difference if the contract was closed or cancelled. The perk is there to remove the negative impact(s) of ***ANY*** contract that has a negative impact, and both the impact of the public AND private feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
25 of 30

(didn't include the text, I was replying to the person who said Upwork help suggested they wait to see if the JSS goes down. I was told the same thing)

I was told the same thing and sure enough, my score dropped. What stinks is now it will be down for two weeks until the JSS recalculates, right? I had asked to have the feedback removed, but the Upwork help desk person advised me to wait.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
26 of 30

Actually, I understand both of you :

- The assistance person does generally advices freelancers to wait so that they will not loose their perks. Because, once used, you have to wait for 3 months, and get 10 contracts, before having a onther "removal perk" again.

- Concerning your thoughts : I totally agree that this could be disappointing. Waiting for 2 weeks with bad score could cause a significant losses on your earnings. However, my suggestion for you would be 2 things :

1. If you lossed a big % of your JSS, you will notice that clients will not be responsive as they were to your proposals. So my advice would be to avoid sending proposals as you used to do normally. So it's better to save them until the next update.

2. During these 2 weeks, It would be better to re-contact your old clients on chat, and get sure about their total satisfactions concerning your services. And show them your availbility and willlingness to work for them whenever needed. Normally, you can get atleast 5%-10% good response or promise. Additionnally, this could be benefic to build a long term relations with potential clients. (this could be applied also for old interviewers, whom you did never worked for before).

3. Third thing, why not taking a vacation Smiley Happy (just kidding..)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
27 of 30

MHAMMED A wrote:

I agree with Lisa. Removal perks, when applied to a contract, they remove the contract data so that it will not be counted in JSS if it caused a decrease. But, if it doesn't causes the decreasen it will still be counted in the JSS calculations. 
The only case where a contract can't be removed from JSS calculations is when the contract is canceled (and not finished).

So my question concerning this, as I have the same problem today : How could we know wich contract is the cause of the JSS decrease ? (in my case, there are many inactive contracts, many unresponsive clients, and all client were fully satisfied during the collaboration).
Can we hope an accurate response from upwork assistance to advice us which contract is the problem of the decrease, so that it could be removed from Jss using the "removal perk" ? 

no, you can't get information on what contract had bad private feedback.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
28 of 30

@ Martina

Thank you so much for the reply.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
29 of 30

MHAMMED A wrote:

So my question concerning this, as I have the same problem today : How could we know wich contract is the cause of the JSS decrease ? (in my case, there are many inactive contracts, many unresponsive clients, and all client were fully satisfied during the collaboration).

Inactive contracts, provided that money was paid, do not affect your JSS unless you have a significant percentage of those

Do you have any contracts that ended with nothing ever paid and / or have been open for a couple of months or longer with nothing ever paid?

If not, it'll be private feedback on a contract that ended since the last update.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
30 of 30

@ Petra
Thank you so much for your reply !
Sorry, I was pretty sure that cancelled contracts can't be removed from the JSS. I apologize for my confusions.

I have a question please, and really need help from well experienced experts :
In my case, I had 1 cancelled contract during these last 2 weeks, and have many inactive contracts. 
So, How can I know if the cancelled contract is the one which caused the JSS decrease ? I remember I had read somewhere that I must track "Clients who would recommend you" ? Is that correct ?
If true : on my stats, it still shows 100%.

So could you please advice me on the best thing to do ? Knoing that I have 91% on JSS today, and never used my Perk before.

Concerning the inactive contracts, I'm trying to close them 1 by 1, and maximum 2 every 2 weeks, by having some good rated jobs between them. As you've adviced someone on an old topic. (Contrary to what the assistance person told me : to close them all at once, which could be fatal for my profil). Thank you for your commitment in the community.

Thank you so much in advance for your time Petra,

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS