🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My amount transferred to local did not reach ...
Page options
saimaashraf
Community Member

My amount transferred to local did not reach the bank

Hi, I transferred my amount, $269 to my local bank on May 25, 2020 but the amount did not reach my bank. I got an email from upwork that the payment has been processed but to date, I did not get it in my bank account. My bank says the amount did not reach the bank. Please investigate where my amount went

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
khanzada01
Community Member

Check your bank estatement, If you got email confirmation it means you got the money. There is a transaction id as well. you can visit the bank and ask them to email iban operations. Is it the first time you sent money or happening?

Saleem A wrote:

If you got email confirmation it means you got the money. There is a transaction id as well.

No, it doesn't. It means the money left Upwork, not that it arrived in her bank account. Also, did you notice the date? 

And the transaction ID is an internal one.

The amount is somewhere in Upwork area, it did not reach the bank. The bank inquired the matter at the deepest level but the amount was found nowhere in bank. 

The problem is that upwork does not offer human customer service. The bot is not flexible enough to understand some problems that are not already given to it. 

Yes, I have all records of amount including when it was released by the client and when I transferred it to the bank. Also, I got a confirmation email from upwork that my payment to the bank has been processed. 

Saima A wrote:

The problem is that upwork does not offer human customer service. The bot is not flexible enough to understand some problems that are not already given to it. Go to the bot and type in "Contact Support"

The bot will then bring up the options available to you.

use one of them and ask for a trace to be initiated. Unfortunately traces are not quick either.

Hi Saima,

I'm sorry to hear about your withdrawal. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and issue a trace for your transaction.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members