🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My bids aren't being received and I'm not get...
Page options
saifat
Community Member

My bids aren't being received and I'm not getting invites to jobs

I applied to 13-15 jobs recently, and my application mysteriously never showed up for them. Let alone being called to an interview, I don’t even see my invite getting through after sending one. I need to know if this is being done deliberately for some reason so I don't waste hours writing proposals or if this is just some kind of bug. I have given hours to just create the right proposal and the proof of my work and the client doesn't even get my application!!

If proposals are thrown away without clients ever seeing them and we aren't told, PLUS, if invitations are deliberately blocked to a new person in favour of getting experienced folks some work, then I think that's absolutely ridiculous. How am I supposed to get any jobs under these circumstances?
1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Saif,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not hearing back from clients after submitting your proposals. I can understand that it can be disappointing. Please know that all proposals submitted by the freelancers are sent to the client; however, it is up to them to decide whom they will hire for the job. We can't influence their hiring decision. We want to you to have a higher chance of getting noticed by clients so please consider the tips shared in the following freelancer resources below:

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

How to Create a Profile Intro Video

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

How to Create a More Successful Portfolio

A How-To Guide for Your Profile Picture

How to Create a Proposal that Wins Jobs 

Craft an Eye-catching Proposal Every Time

Please also check out the resources here for more helpful tips.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members