cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My brother wants to become new Upwork freelancer, but we share the same IP address

Aleksandar P Member Since: Jul 30, 2018
1 of 8

I've been Upwork member for year and a half.

My brother wants to join Upwork, but I am concerned, since we share the same IP address.

I hope that won't be a problem,

Kind regards,

Aleksandar

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 8

Hi Aleksandar,

You and your brother can use the same Internet connection. However, you can't log into each other's accounts or share accounts. Make sure you log out of your account before your brother logs into his and vice versa if you use the same, thank you.

Untitled
3 of 8

We use 2 different computers with the same internet access, can we be logged in in the same time?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 8

Hi Aleksandar,

Apologies for the delayed response. Yes, accessing your accounts and using Upwork at the same time on different devices while using the same IP address is in line with Upwork ToS.

5 of 8

Thank you very much

Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
6 of 8

Your brother would need to get his profile approved first, then he'd have to undergo verification process, regardless of the IP. After those two steps, there'll be nothing to worry about. Good luck to you both Smiley Happy

Waqas Shahid B Member Since: Oct 15, 2018
7 of 8

Hello,

I also need a little more detailed answer to almost the same question but let me rephrase it first.

I have been working on Upwork for around 2-3 months and have a full time job here. I have even quit my day job and am solely counting on the Upwork job.

Because I am doing so good here, my brother wants to become a freelancer here too. I was worried that there will be problem for me if he tried to register from an internet connection (different devices) that I had once used to log in on upwork. Now I have a dedicated connection for my work and no one else uses it. Can he use that connection that I once used or even the one I am currently using to register and work on Upwork from a different computer?

Also, I have installed the Upwork app on my cell phone and the nature of cell phone is that the location keeps changing and also that it connects to multiple IP's during the day? I have not logged in to that app fearing that this could lead to problems.

I am an honest guy and I have a full time job and a happy client here. I do not want to lose it. Please advise.

Regards,

Waqas

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
8 of 8

Waqas Shahid B wrote:

Hello,

I also need a little more detailed answer to almost the same question but let me rephrase it first.

I have been working on Upwork for around 2-3 months and have a full time job here. I have even quit my day job and am solely counting on the Upwork job.

Because I am doing so good here, my brother wants to become a freelancer here too. I was worried that there will be problem for me if he tried to register from an internet connection (different devices) that I had once used to log in on upwork. Now I have a dedicated connection for my work and no one else uses it. Can he use that connection that I once used or even the one I am currently using to register and work on Upwork from a different computer?

Also, I have installed the Upwork app on my cell phone and the nature of cell phone is that the location keeps changing and also that it connects to multiple IP's during the day? I have not logged in to that app fearing that this could lead to problems.

I am an honest guy and I have a full time job and a happy client here. I do not want to lose it. Please advise.

Regards,

Waqas

You two will have different accounts so it's not a problem even on the same network and/or device. At some point he will get verified via a video chat (as you probably did) which will further identify him as a different person. 

With regards to the mobile app. People who write mobile apps understand it will be used...mobiley. That's the whole point. It is not an issue to use the UW app on your phone from any number of locations (again this is expected). I've certainly done that for years.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS