🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client account has been suspended.
Page options
e2fe5ec3
Community Member

My client account has been suspended.

Upwork has paused my project with the client. Yesterday he gave me an hourly project for 3 hours, I was supposed to get 200 likes on his post in 3 hours and I completed 700 likes in just 2.10 hrs. Now he is not responding. I don't know what should I do now and who is going to pay me my wage.

Ps, my Upwork tracker was on. 

My Upwork account link https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a788df9cec6c4200

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Noshan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contracts with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
yofazza
Community Member

I believe such job isn't allowed, and most likely "the client" is using a fraudulent credit card as well.

e2fe5ec3
Community Member

But his payment method was verified by Upwork.

Noshan A wrote:

But his payment method was verified by Upwork.

So? If the credit card was stolen, that doesn't matter. 

I don't know, that's possible.

e2fe5ec3
Community Member

Maybe

martina_plaschka
Community Member

This sounds pretty unethical. Are you surprised a client that hires for this kind of job might be unethical himself?

I do find it unethical maam. but his payment was verified so I thought he might be checking me or something so that's why I applied.

Payment verified does not mean the client can pay or that they are legitimate, but it's easy to see how people would believe it does mean that.

thank you, this will help a lot

petra_r
Community Member

Noshan A wrote:

I do find it unethical maam.

It's not only unethical, it's also not allowed...

And if you know it's unethical, why do you do it?

So why did you do a job you found unethical? I don't see how this is a good idea at all. 

NikolaS

Hi Noshan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contracts with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e2fe5ec3
Community Member

I hope Upwork will help me out as soon as possible

affd6408
Community Member

Hello Nikola, My client account is suspended what should I do now?

Hi Mushtaq,

Thank you for your message. If you are referring to one of your client on the job, you will need to pause your work until the client's account is restored.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

If you used the time tracker, you should get paid.

Peter G wrote:

No, both freelancer and client should be suspended for this kind of activity. 

Fine with me, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get paid just because the job was unethical. But if it were illegal or against the ToS in some way, then no.

I'm pretty sure it's in line with writing fake Amazon reviews, which is forbidden.

Similar, for sure. I'm sure Upwork will deal with him and the client fairly and quickly.

Peter G wrote:

So you think that scams should be paid?

Shame on you.

e2fe5ec3
Community Member

and If you think Upwork will suspend me as well because of a fraudulent client, then shame on you actually.

petra_r
Community Member

Noshan A wrote:

and If you think Upwork will suspend me as well because of a fraudulent client, then shame on you actually.

Not for the fraudulent client, for doing work that violates the terms of service. (Fake likes)

e2fe5ec3
Community Member

no never, I just don't want it to affect my profile. 

Noshan A wrote:

no never, I just don't want it to affect my profile. 

Well then maybe you shouldn't have advertised on a public forum that you participate in this kind of activity?

I did use the tracker sir.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths