🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My client asked me to stop tracking the t...
Page options
sakthismith
Community Member

My client asked me to stop tracking the timer for the work that i'm going to do further.

Hi, I'm Krishnaveni and i'm a top rated Freelancer in Upwork. I didn't face these kind of issues before. I just got the contract recently which named **Edited for community guidelines**. I'm still working in the contract now. Before we started the contract, we discussed so many things about his property which actually don't have the proper Cad maesurements but he wants me to do Interior and exterior 3d visual for the whole house successfully. at that time, i thought that i can help him to finish the design.So I agreed to work with his project for 1500$(only for 3 revisions for each rooms) before.  after we started the contact, it will take one month to do the basic 3d model building(Because i don't have the proper cad measurments so it makes me take more time to finish). He told me to do the existing building of 3d interior wall positions by referring his property videos and voice messages. From the beginning i told him to roughly draw the design which he wants to explain to me. But he won't do any much drawings to explain all things. He just made a quick video of the property and ask me to do the design based on his videos. through his act, i laterly known that he is not a professional builder. And he also complained me in upwork that i'm just using timer for my unwanted works. I was get agree and frustuated through this act. I discussed him about how the 3d works actually goes like how long it will take and how the 3d person would start the 3d works and all. He agreed with my words at that time. then he is doing so many revisions. Even doing the stairs in foyer, he took lot of revisions. at that time i totally loose my hope. after one month, I told him that i can't do it for you and It will take more time to do all things everytime. So he begs me to do. that i agreed. Now we are moving to design the exterior works but he again told me the corrections on the 3d modeling. Now i'm totally frutuated. Please find a solution for that. again i won't work with him. I'm ready to give him the working file also. Please ask him to do other pending works with someone else. I did more works for him without tracking the timer also. Now i can't do it hereafter. I'm done with it,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Krishnaveni M wrote:
It's an hour job but he asked me to track time untill it reaches1500$.

---------------

Ok,so that is the terms. It's an hourly job, you use tracker, write notes on the screen shots it takes and have reasonable keystroke activity. 

You do what you were told to do and what you agreed to. You work and track your time until you reach $1500 and then you stop. At that point, the client can either extend the hour/funds limit or he can close the job and take what you have up until that point. 

Once you reach that limit you are working for free. Free does not pay the bills or put food on your table. And I'm sure working for free after you've reached the payment limit was NOT a part of the terms of this contract.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Your post is very confusing.

$ 1500 would indicate a fixed rate contract

tracking time would indicate an hourly contract.

Which is it?

I think this is the part where the lack of a minimum of English skills impedes the chances of a positive outcome in professional relationships.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Krishnaveni,

Please note that any requesting of free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is ToS violation. It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I told him so many times about this. But he kept blame me. He didn't
understand the 3d work flows actually.
kat303
Community Member

In order for any of us here to help you, first we need to know whether this is a fixed rate job or an hourly job.  

Take a look under Reports. Does it show $XX amount deposited into ESCROW? if so it's a fixed rate job. Have you been paid ANYTHING so far? Is the $1500 to be paid at the end of the Entire job or have milestones been set up?

Let us know so we can advise you on what to do at this point?

Krishnaveni M wrote:

Which you agreed to, evidently...

Krishnaveni M wrote:
So I agreed to work with his project for 1500$

Can someone help me?

Krishnaveni M wrote:
Can someone help me?

What help do you expect?

You agreed something with a client, go do what you agreed to, or end the contract and take the consequences.

Petra R wrote:

Krishnaveni M wrote:
Can someone help me?

What help do you expect?

You agreed something with a client, go do what you agreed to, or end the contract and take the consequences.

It doesn't sound that cut and dried. It sounds like the number of hours has piled up because the client doesn't know what he's doing and keeps asking for loads of revisions. I would have cut my losses and walked away from the job at a much earlier stage, but that's something that comes with experience.  

Bottom line, this is an hourly contract, not a fixed price one. If he's giving you lots of revisions, then you'll need to turn that time tracker back on. Is there any way that you can streamline this process to minimize the number of revisions? It sounds like the project isn't being managed properly, and it's up to you to communicate with the client if that's the case. They're not always good at giving instructions.

Krishnaveni M wrote:

---------------

Ok,so that is the terms. It's an hourly job, you use tracker, write notes on the screen shots it takes and have reasonable keystroke activity. 

You do what you were told to do and what you agreed to. You work and track your time until you reach $1500 and then you stop. At that point, the client can either extend the hour/funds limit or he can close the job and take what you have up until that point. 

Once you reach that limit you are working for free. Free does not pay the bills or put food on your table. And I'm sure working for free after you've reached the payment limit was NOT a part of the terms of this contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths