Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client can't find my profile on Upwork search

pedroed
Ace Contributor
Badr E Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
1 of 5

Hello,

One of my local clients wanted to hire me on Upwork but he didn't find my profile on Upwork search, i tried it myself too and it seems my profile is not visible, i choose location as Morocco and Design  & Creative Category filter and still didn't find myself between

Please someone from the support fix this for me as i didn't get 1 single job invite for a few months ago so i guess this was the problem (i used to get decent amount of job invites per month).

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Badr,

I searched for your profile by name and was able to locate it on the first page:

Capture.PNG

Note that freelancers and profiles have different searches. Also please keep in mind that freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered.
You can also share your profile URL with your client and they will be able to invite/hire you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
pedroed
Ace Contributor
3 of 5

Goran V wrote:

Hi Badr,

I searched for your profile by name and was able to locate it on the first page:

Capture.PNG

Note that freelancers and profiles have different searches. Also please keep in mind that freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered.
You can also share your profile URL with your client and they will be able to invite/hire you directly. Thank you.

Yes , i found my client found my agency profile, so you guys show only 1 profile the agency or the freelancer profile, you can't show both of them? or depends on recent profile activity, since on April i got more hires on my agency profile?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

Badr E wrote:

One of my local clients wanted to hire me on Upwork but he didn't find my profile on Upwork search,

Just give "your client"  the link to your profile. Problem solved.

I found you in second place via a search for Video Editor HD, 4K, 8K

Obviously in the whole of the Design & Creative Category you won't often be at the top because it has over half a million freelancers in it. Even filtered for your country (which clients will rarely do) there are still well over 2000.

If you get less invites than previously, that may well be due to a combination of clients being given less invites and your JSS being below 90% so you won't show as high in searches or not at all when clients filter by 90% or more.

A lot of clients also filter out agency freelancers in their searches.

pedroed
Ace Contributor
5 of 5

ok

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS