🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client cancelled the hourly contract and I...
Page options
78bd9ace
Community Member

My client cancelled the hourly contract and I didn't get paid.

Hi, I am a very new member of Upwork.

I got hired for small hourly job.And it finished in 1 hour. But the desktop app wasn't installed in my computer.And I saw this in my contract section after my client ended my contract: cancel.JPG

I waited today(Monday) for billing my client by hourly. But nothing is seemed in my balance.it is still $0.00.

Please help me understand that.

Edited grammar mistakes.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ilkay C wrote:

I waited today(Monday) for billing my client by hourly. But nothing is applied in my balance.

You didn't track or log the time you worked, so the client won't be charged anything.

If the client is kind, they can pay you for one hour as a bonus, but the client doesn't have to do this.

It is your responsibility to track or log your time correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ilkay,

When you`re working on hourly contracts you will need to track your time with our Desktop app so that your client is billed for the time you have worked. On hourly contracts, your clients are billed every Monday for the tracked hours in the previous week.
To learn more about our hourly payment protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Ilkay C wrote:

I waited today(Monday) for billing my client by hourly. But nothing is applied in my balance.

You didn't track or log the time you worked, so the client won't be charged anything.

If the client is kind, they can pay you for one hour as a bonus, but the client doesn't have to do this.

It is your responsibility to track or log your time correctly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members