🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client doesn't pay me its more than 6 mont...
Page options
4a7783dc
Community Member

My client doesn't pay me its more than 6 month. Its hourly project and I have worked for 2 and half

My client doesn't pay me its more than 6 month. Its hourly project and I have worked for 2 and half . At the payment time he said that he has issues he is resolving beacuse he is unable to pay and money. And its more than 6 months that he still not payed me . I have tried many times but he didn't respond.You can check the details of client in my account . The client name is Osita Awagu,Kochella 

21 REPLIES 21
e8017396
Community Member

Contact to Upwork team so they will provide you with money. Otherwise, this client will not give you your payment.

Be alert 

re: "Contact to Upwork team so they will provide you with money."

No, that is not how this works.

If the OP had used Upwork correctly, they would have been paid by now. Since they did not use Upwork correctly, Upwork will not pay them and cannot force the client to pay them.

yofazza
Community Member

How about the 'payment protection'? Did you fulfill the criteria

4a7783dc
Community Member

I have no idea about it.

4a7783dc
Community Member

I have checked the criteria and I fullfilled the criteria, what next I do?

yofazza
Community Member

As Luqman said:

no hourly contract that is 'on-going' nor 'completed' on your profile

The discussion is very different when you work without a contract, you can ignore my post above.

Other posts in this thread should explain it to you. In general you can't do anything when you work without a contract.

luqman_mak
Community Member

There is no hourly contract that is 'on-going' nor 'completed' on your profile which means you probably got scammed and did not have a valid hourly contract on Upwork for this job.
Hourly contracts pay out automatically if you worked accoring to the rules (Radial posted a link before me) - Within a week or so, the funds move into your 'amounts pending' and if you ensured that you followed the rules, payment protection would cover you incase your client - for some reason or another - fails to make the payment.  

No, My project is completed and he also give review in my account after ending the contract. Check please

yofazza
Community Member

no hourly contract that is 'on-going' nor 'completed' on your profile

How can there be a review if the client didn't pay you? How can there be an outstanding payment for 6 months if you met the hourly protection criteria?  Hourly protection means you get paid within 14 days of the end of the work week (provided you qualify).

You have two projects on your profile, both are fixed price projects for which hourly protection doesn't apply and neither one of them is finished (I.e. the client cannot give feedback).

django_expert
Community Member

was it a hourly contract or a fixed-price project?

The original poster's screenshot simply shows a chat message from the "client" saying she will get paid.

That is NOT how freelancers get paid.

The original poster used Upwork incorrectly. She will not get paid.

Hourly. First he said I worked for 2 and half hour but I worked for 3 hours. Then I said ok and in the end he said he paid me when issue resolved with his payment account of Upwork and then disappeared.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Esha: on Upwork, we get paid within 3 weeks after doing the work.

We don't get paid SIX MONTHS later.

You did something wrong with how you used Upwork.

You aren't going to get paid for work you did so long ago.

You should figure out what you did wrong and move on.

4a7783dc
Community Member

I trust the client that is my mistake because he said there is issues with their Upwork payment process and then he disappeared. 

re: "I trusted the client. That was my mistake. Because he said there is issues with their Upwork payment process and then he disappeared."

You are correct.

Trusting a stranger on the Internet, without understanding how Upwork payment works, was indeed your mistake.

You can't get paid for that work, but you CAN learn how to use Upwork properly so that something like that doesn't happen again.

mayalee99
Community Member

I would say to call upwork support for more direct information, I personally did it and they were so helpful!

It is not Upwork's intention that you call them. There is a reason Upwork doesn't post its phone number.

Upwork can not help this freelancer get paid for work she did six months ago.

I understand your pov but I have to disagree since upwork encourages freelancers and other parties to contact them in case there is a misunderstanding.

Also they do post a helping number through a contact page and you can easily access them if you didn't know!

Upwork may not help but it will explain where is the problem so you can avoid doing it next time!

Thank you for further explaining your perspective. Clearly you only want to help.

I have been using Upwork for so long now that I probably can not always relate easily to a newcomer's perspective.

I know where the buttons are and I know how to use the buttons. So my natural inclination is to always do things on my own and never contact Upwork Support.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths