🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client hasn't been answering me for 1 week...
Page options
f76d71bc
Community Member

My client hasn't been answering me for 1 week.

Dear "Upwork" member, My name is Oleksandr. My client hasn't been answering me for 1 week. Before this, he was answering me every day. But after I've finished my milestone he stopped.

I don't know what to do, because I've already sent him my interior renders and I'm waiting for his response for more than 7 days. He doesn't answer me even when he is online.

What should I do in this situation?
Thanks a lot.

Oleksandr.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oleksandr M wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that it will be auto-accepted and paid in 2 weeks. Thanks a lot 🙂

So even if my clients will not answer to me in 2 weeks I'll receive my money and I can close This contract?

If you actually used the "submit work" button on the contract, then it will auto-approve in two weeks if the client does nothing. After that, it goes into the five-day security hold. If you've already clicked the submit work button, don't do it again, that resets the clock.

Don't close the contract until the money is in your hand. If you close it before the milestone is approved, you'll refund the escrow back to the client.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
alexandernovikov
Community Member

What's the problem? You finished your milestone, deliver it, if the client has disappeared, it will be auto-accepted and paid in 2 weeks.

Oh, I didn't know that it will be auto-accepted and paid in 2 weeks. Thanks a lot 🙂

So even if my clients will not answer to me in 2 weeks I'll receive my money and I can close This contract?

petra_r
Community Member

Oleksandr M wrote:

even if my clients will not answer to me in 2 weeks I'll receive my money 

Provided you correctly submitted through the "Submit for payment" function on the contract, yes. Not if you just sent the work to the client some other way.

Oleksandr M wrote:

If you actually used the "submit work" button on the contract, then it will auto-approve in two weeks if the client does nothing. After that, it goes into the five-day security hold. If you've already clicked the submit work button, don't do it again, that resets the clock.

Don't close the contract until the money is in your hand. If you close it before the milestone is approved, you'll refund the escrow back to the client.

f76d71bc
Community Member

Yes, I submitted work for payment 7 days ago. Is it correct?

petra_r
Community Member

Oleksandr M wrote:

Yes, I submitted work for payment 7 days ago. Is it correct?

Perfect. The funds will automatically be released to you in another 7 days.

You did it correctly 🙂 Just wait 7 more days and it will be auto-approved.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths