🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client is no longer with his company - wha...
Page options
piggington
Community Member

My client is no longer with his company - what are my options?

The client I was working with is no longer with his company. I had a great rapport with him - 100% of the job was under his control and he was very happy with my work. Unfortunately I did not close out the contract before he left and since he is now gone, the account has now been transfered to his manager who has been a **Edited for community guidelines** . The job was completed successfully, but I do not feel confident she will give good feedback.

How can I convince Upwork to allow my original client back in to give me feedback rather than his manager? That would be a more accurate reflection of my work and services for sure, but he can no longer access the account.

By the way, I'm not sure that it matters, but the contract is still in his name. He just no longer has access to it.

Am I screwed?

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

David M wrote:

Unfortunately I did not close out the contract before he left and since he is now gone, the account has now been transfered to his manager who has been a real **unpleasant person**. The job was completed successfully, but I do not feel confident she will give good feedback.

How about you simply quietly close the contract yourself?

David M wrote:

How can I convince Upwork to allow my original client back in to give me feedback rather than his manager?

Chances of that happening are zero. That would likely even be illegal.

Close the contract yourself, and in the event of the client leaving poor feedback (although I don't see why she would) - use your top rated perk to remove the contract's impact on your JSS and, if needed, the feedback and be done with it. (Provided you haven't used the perk in 3 months and 10 conracts).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members