Page options
b8cb7831
Community Member

My client is not responding

Hi,

My name is Dominik Fudala

I am a translator living in Greece. 

Recently I got a contract for an English to Polish translation

Everything was fine the terms were discussed previously and the communication was really good

I got the work done and the client was satisfied and even offered me a second project which we were to discuss 

But after some time the client dissapeared and he is not responding to my messages 

Even with the job being completed I did not receive any payment at all and the contract is still active

I feel kind of robbed if I can describe it like that for the work i have put in 

What should I do ?

5 REPLIES 5
roberty1y
Community Member

Clients often do this. They're friendly and co-operative for a while, and then they forget all about you and ignore you. If you have done this job properly, you are going to get paid anyway. If it's an hourly job and you used the tracker, you are paid each Sunday and the money is available 10 days later. If it's a fixed price job, click "Submit work for payment" and you will be paid in 14 days even if the client does not release the funds.

Firstly, thank you for your response 

In the contract it says the budget is 50$ and there is another 5$ in escrow 

I am able to submit only for the first milestone which is the 5$ 

Will I be payed the full amount after the contract ends ?

Just to make everything clear 

Dominik:

The budget does not matter. Ignore the budget.

What matters is the money in escrow.

$5

This means you are supposed to do $5 worth of work, and click Submit.

Then you will receive $5.

The only money you will be paid is the $5 that's in escrow, unless the client consents to pay you anyway. Did you not ensure that the full price of the job was funded before you started? You need to make sure of that in future.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients are not obligated to respond. I get paid automatically if the client does nothing.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members