🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client's behavior
Page options
mallyc
Community Member

My client's behavior

I was getting a feel for my client's site before starting to work and I was off the clock. I got a virus. Well that is what the malware said, her site was acting very funky and I did not want to chance my equipment. So I completed the work I did and cancelled the contract.  I was very kind and sympathetic to her. She lashed out at me and made accusations and said she reported that i gave Her a virus.  She then admitted she had virus on her server. but continued to slam me.  How do I ensure her false accusations do not go through to Upwork as I have glowing review from mmy first client?

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cynthia,

I'm sorry the contract with your client didn't turn out well. We want for Upwork to be a professional place where people treat each other with respect.

I've checked your conversation with the client and found you communicated outside Messages. If you have any evidence of your client using inappropriate language, you can take a screenshot and report the inappropriate message or behavior to customer support or share it in a private message with one of our moderators. The team will review and take actions accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much for responding.

No foul language just accusations and insults of my person, (not being from the states and having bad grammar types of things, trying to frame me for giving her her virus on their server.)

I am most concerned that she will give me a false, bad review.

I should have insisted to stay in the message forum, but I wanted to work with the client’s preference and she preferred to be on Slack instead.
Next time I will insist.
Cindy M
tlbp
Community Member

If the client makes false accusations in the review, you can politely refute them. Be very concise and stick to the facts. 

In future, as you may have already figured out, extricate yourself from the contract before raising any issue that might offend the client. (Actually, don't raise the issue ever, just find a way to get out of the contract.) 

mallyc
Community Member

Thank you very much for your input and support.

petra_r
Community Member

If no money changed hands, no feedback (or any sign of the contract) will show on your profile.

The contract, the client's private feedback (if any) and the fact that it was a nothing paid contract will affect your metric as it will count as an unsuccessful outcome.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths