My client wants me to sign additional contract outside of Upwork. The terms are different.
1) by Upwork contract I will write computer language scripts. By their contract I'm a data labeler. There is no mentioning of Upwork at all. I worry that their contract is legally binding, and I will end up with doing something at which I do not want.
2) Their contact states that I will be paid through PayPal and I should provide my PayPal account information for this.
3) The client with whom I discussed it claims that it is nothing and I will be paid through Upwork with Upwork timing interface, writing code. Looks very fishy to me. I have tried to flag the guy, but nothing happened.
4) The problem is that I already signed the contract on the Upwork and would like to get out. Is there a way to annul it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sorry, being in a hurry I did errors.
1) by Upwork contract I will write computer language scripts. By their contract I'm a data labeler. There is no mentioning of Upwork at all. I worry that their contract is legally binding, and I will end up with doing something I do not want.
2) Their contract states that I will be paid through PayPal and I should provide my PayPal account information for this.
Maiia, it's a scam. Also it is one of Upwork's strictest rules, that you do not circumvent and that you get paid through Upwork only. You do not give any details whatsoever to this person.
Please read all the help :pages for beginners before you even think of bidding on jobs.
ETA: I Apologize. I see you are not a beginner, in which case, you should have read Upwork's Term of Service by now. But you should also read this blog about avoiding scams. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...
Thanks, I'm sure that it is a scam as well. It did not start like this. At first I got a proper task on their site and I timed it by hour using Upwork interface. After I finished the site took me to the contract, and I assumed that it must be a mistake. Of course I did not sign it. I reported to my client. Now the client wants for me to sign the contract to continue. I know that it is a scam, but I already accepted the client offer for the initial part. I would like to annul the contract. I flagged him on my message interface, but nothing happened. I tried to complain to support, but did not get any reply yet. I can tell client that I do not want to continue, but my rating can dive. I would prefer to cancel the contract.
You can do whatever you want to do if:
1. You want to be cheated.
2. You want to get kicked out from Upwork.
3. You want to lose money from your PayPal account.
Don't be foolish. Ditch that buyer.
This was prejusted.
I'm already in a contract which was started properly. The client requested to sign the contract for continuation. I do not want for my ratings to dive because I know that such people can be rather vengenful. I spent a few years here working on my rating.
Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you for additional information and to assist you further.