🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My client wants refund and threating me w...
Page options
teberzin
Community Member

My client wants refund and threating me with negative review.

Hello dear friends,

The client wanted 1 logo and 1 trailer from me and we separate it for 2 payments I deliver his logo to him and he started to use it. I get my payment 1 week later I was going to start for the trailer but he sent a message to me and he said I found someone new for the trailer and I will work with him and he asked me to refund 20 dollars and get 30 dollars for the logo. I said no I get 50 dollars for the logo and 50 dollars for the trailer. He started to threaten me and he said if you don't I will give you a negative review.

He opened a refund I don't want to accept it should I just ignore it or should I give an answer to this refund. And also is he able to give me a negative review? I've never got any negative reviews yet I'm afraid about it a bit.

P.S I don't have a refuse refund option. And also I don't get any e-mail or any time limit to answer it what can happen if I don't respond to it?

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Baha Tan O wrote:

P.S I don't have a refuse refund option. And also I don't get any e-mail or any time limit to answer it what can happen if I don't respond to it?

If you don't respond to it, one of 2 thing will happen

1) - Nothing

2) - The client could open a dispute, but probably won't.

If I were you I'd tell the client that you will report him for feedback manipulation and blackmail if he carries on like that, and then CLOSE THE CONTRACT.

Say "Please note that trying to trade refunds for feedback and blackmailing over feedback are both violations of Upwork's terms of service. I'd rather not have to report you, but will do so if this kind of behaviour continues. I will also not refund. What you paid is what we agreed on and whyt you approved. I wish you all the best of luck with your roject and thank you for letting me work on the logo".

Then close the contract hoping the client may not leave any feedback.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Baha Tan O.,

If you've earned the money you've been paid or that is owed to you, I hope you don't issue a refund in fear of having your JSS damaged by negative feedback from this client.

And keep in mind that Upwork says…

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

"...we track freelancer feedback of clients and flag those clients with a history of poor collaboration. If one of your clients has been flagged (or has been suspended for Terms of Service violations), then the client's feedback will not count against your score."

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths