🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My client wants to hire my friend but got...
Page options
santosardee
Community Member

My client wants to hire a colleague but got his account deactivated after signing up

I referred a colleague to my client and this colleague does not have an Upwork account. He created a new account but it got disabled by Upwork. My client wants my colleague to be hired in the next 2 weeks so it is a must that his Upwork is working fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

Tell him your friend got his account disabled and you want nothing to do with any circumvension so suggest he find someone on Upwork. You don't want to get your account banned for getting in the middle of that mess.

I already told him to reach out to Upwork support and he got a reply that he’s violating Upwork policies. I just don’t understand why it resulted to deactivation just like that since it is his first time signup for Upwork. My colleague is hoping that he can still make amends so that his account can be reactivated again.

Ardee S wrote:
I already told him to reach out to Upwork support and he got a reply that he’s violating Upwork policies. I just don’t understand why it resulted to deactivation just like that since it is his first time signup for Upwork. My colleague is hoping that he can still make amends so that his account can be reactivated again.

yeah he probably won't get the account back, so you don't want to get into trouble for being in the middle of it. Just tell the client to hire on Upwork so nobody thinks you're trying to get the client off-platform.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths