🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My clients account was suspended
Page options
adikrfb
Community Member

My clients account was suspended

I started working for a client yesterday. It was an immediate job that was to be done in one day and the contract was hourly based. Today while I was working, I got a message that my time tracking has been stopped since my client account has been suspended. I want to know will I get paid for this job or not?

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aditya,

I would like to clarify that when you're working on hourly contracts you will need to track your time with our Desktop app. Your clients are billed every Monday for the time tracked in the previous week. To learn more about how you're protected under hourly contracts check out this Help Article. If any issues arise, our team will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I tracked my work hours through the desktop app but I want to know will I get paid because my client's account has been suspended.

crart
Community Member

Since you didn't receive answer (because what was "answered" is not an answer to your question), I had similar situation, on fixed price contract though. Client's account was suspended due to Upwork issue, not the client's fault and they were really furious (no wonder), after 2 days contract was reactivated and work was done as usual, I was paid normally. Just to add, since then this client left Upwork, sadly (but I'm not surprised). Anyways, wait till they "fix" it, whatever the issue was. And keep monitoring this with support.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members