🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My clients just dissaperead and didn't pay me...
Page options
dantehoroiwa
Community Member

My clients just dissaperead and didn't pay me for half of the job.

Hello, I'll explain my case.

I took a commission of six illustrations.

The client had funded the amount of three milestones, I finished the three illustrations  and he paid me the three milestones.

He was responding to me quite quickly, and we were talking daily.

After he paid me the third milestone, I told him to fund of the next three milestones.

Meanwhile, I started the three new illustrations by imagining that he would fund the next milestones the next day, as he was replying to me very quicly and he did like the job.

A few days passed and he just disappeared.

I've finished the three illustrations, and sent the sample images (it was not the final files in high resolution) ... after ten days he told me that he was not doing well, and that he would fund it on the next day in the morning and then he just disappeared again.

I know it was my mistake to start a job without having him funded the milestones, as he was replying to me very quickly and had already paid me three milestones, and he did like the work, I thought there would be no problems .... this is the first time that it happens to me and i'm very disappointed with his attitude, it's been already almost one month and  I didn't get paid for half the job.

Is there anything I can do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chunge2198
Community Member

I've had this happened to me before.  There's nothing you can do.  It's unfortunate, but learn from it and don't do work without a active funded milestone, or hourly contract.  

One tip, don't nag him about it.  Just be polite, and send him a final messae expressing your dissappointment and wish him the best.  You could end the contract, but it doesn't hurt to leave it open for a couple more months.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Dante H wrote:

Is there anything I can do?

Without a funded milestone, no.

chunge2198
Community Member

I've had this happened to me before.  There's nothing you can do.  It's unfortunate, but learn from it and don't do work without a active funded milestone, or hourly contract.  

One tip, don't nag him about it.  Just be polite, and send him a final messae expressing your dissappointment and wish him the best.  You could end the contract, but it doesn't hurt to leave it open for a couple more months.  

Thank you, yeah I'll definetely learn from this experience.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members