🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My clients wants refund of the work done
Page options
aestheticgfx
Community Member

My clients wants refund of the work done

I was working on a website and the client had hired me for fiixng wordpress issues and SEO, the client was more than satisfied with my performance on wordpress fixation for which he had hired a couple of freelancers on Upwork. I was the third and I solved all issues. He also guaranteed me to reward bonus on the completion of project. Now the client is unaware of how SEO works, he asked me to provide details of all work done. I provided the details still he is asking for refund. What should i do? I am new to upwork and he is asking for two weeks work refunded. Please assit me in this regard. 

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tabinda,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the client. Please note that clients have the ability to file a dispute if they do not agree with the hours you invoiced for the previous week while working on their project. You can check out this help article for more information and this Community thread for facts about disputes.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, Thank you very much for the prompt response. What optoins do I

have here? Can I challenge the refund asked? I mean can I turn reject it? There doesn't seem to be any dispute here. He just has asked for refund. Is it called dispute on Upwork? Sorry but I'm very new to Upwork and this is just my third month and first experience of such a request for refund..

Is it an hourly contract? Did you add a memo to your work diary indicating what you were working on? 

Thank you very much! Yes, this is an hourly contract and on every screenshot there is a memo to remind what has been done

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members