🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My co-worker account was banned permanently a...
Page options
zerossen
Community Member

My co-worker account was banned permanently and nobody told why it happend

Hello, everyone, I hope you doing fine. I'm writing this question on behalf of my colleague. We worked on project together and suddenly her account was permanently disabled for some reason but upwork support didn't answer why.

So, one day she recieved an email about her account was suspended as well as current project. She was asked to proceed additional identity verification procedure with passport and some payment document to verify her identity, afterwards she was asked about VPN services but it was needed for development.

Afterwards her account was permanently banned and email contained the following:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

It is a humble request to kindly re evaluate her profile because upwork was a good source of earning for her and she really don't want to start from all over again on some other website. Our clients also want her to work for them. 

Thank you for cooperation,
here is a link to her account **Edited for Community Guidelines**
P.S. She was banned and can't even leave a message for help on community forum, this is the reason why I'm here.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Vitaly,

We won't be able to discuss the status of your friends account here in the Community and share the details with you and other users. Please read this help article for more information about common reasons for account suspensions.

~ Joanne
Upwork
zerossen
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for reply. The main problem for my friend is that she is unable to contact upwork in any possible way: support simply marking all questions as resolved and she doesn't have permissions to ask for clarifications here, at community.

I'm not asking to share details here because of the privacy reasons, but if there is a way for her to reach out for upwork in some way or maybe upwork can send an email with clarifications, it will really help. I've read help article and I don't think that any of those points were in effect. VPN service could make issue (but I didn't find any restrictions about using vpn), but it required for our work, as I mentioned earlier.

Thing is support didn't say anything about why her account was banned which seems strange from my perspective.

Hi Vitaly,

Please let your friend know to reach out to us on Social Media pages that they can find in the footer on every Upwork page as shown in this screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexander,

It seems like social media made no effect, and they didn't reply what was the reason of blocking. Standard answer without any clarification ( I think it is privacy reasons, but upwork could at least send dm to her) was given once again.

UPD: Upwork replied to DM without clarification on problem as well
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members