Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My comments about connects are removed.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Arens M Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
1 of 14

I thought we were in democracy where free speech and idea are allowed, but it looks like not. Many of my comments asking odesk to remove the connects system are deleted. This is totally not acceptable. If you don't want people to share their thoughts just say it. 

ps. PLEASE REMOVE CONNECTS SYSTEM

Ace Contributor
2 of 14

I'm willing to pay membership monthly, even more than 10$, but without the connects. 

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 14

If you owed a business where you paid for all the expenses would you let people go around trashing your business in the name of free speech? Would you allow those people to stand in your store and say bad things about your business?

Free speech does not give you the right to try and have a negative impact on someone else's business. 

If you post thoughtfully and in an open way with a view toward communication that involves an adult discussion to express an opinion then fine.

There are many of us who happen to like the Connects system and who are seeing benefits from it.

Ace Contributor
4 of 14

When asking for something about a system that will help both parts has become a crime? 
I'm just sharing my thoughts, how bad the connects system is. 

Let me give you a simple example. Previous month, I gave to odesk about 150$ job fees + 5$ withdraw fees 
This month after the connects, I have applied to 24 jobs( before I was applying this number in just 72 hrs), and now is 11 April and I have not received a single job. 
Now tell me who lose here, just me? No me and odesk, we both lose. Thats it

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
5 of 14

Odesk may lose less than freelancers because Odesk can sell their connects but freelancer may dont have job in  whole month in this situation freelancer and Odesk both lose but again odesk can make bussiness from connects.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
6 of 14

@arens M wrote:

This month after the connects, I have applied to 24 jobs( before I was applying this number in just 72 hrs)

What where you doing the rest of the month then? Or you were whitdrawing previously sent applications each day, about 24 in 72 hours?

7 of 14

Yes, I was removing the applications without a reply after 6 hrs. Odesk did give back full  bids number every 12 hrs

Ace Contributor
MG Arfath A Member Since: Jul 17, 2010
8 of 14

@Jean S wrote:

There are many of us who happen to like the Connects system and who are seeing benefits from it.

I disagree with you, I think majority of freelancers are unhappy with this new system, simply check the posts on this forum, 90% of the freelancers don't like this connects system thier business is going down every body is concerned about this. We work on oDesk we are not random people criticizing someone else shop or business, our business our livelihood our career is attached with this online platform.

Ace Contributor
MG Arfath A Member Since: Jul 17, 2010
9 of 14

Arens is right ! Yep !! Please remove the connects system, I'm also willing to pay extra $10 or $15 or even $25 for membership without connects. 

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
10 of 14

I have already suggest Odesk to Charge $10 per month but revert the system last week.If its too hard for odesk i can pay $25 as well Because I was earning $1000 per month by the old system but with the new system $0 which is too disapointing for me.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS