🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My contract is on hold
Page options
sakib_rajon
Community Member

My contract is on hold

Last week, I got a mail ''Your contract is on hold''

I searched about this topic and thought that it was for client's payment issues.

Recently I heard that client can hold the contract. Now how do I know that why my contract was hold?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: “Since she didn't reply me I think I should move to new clients.”

Yes. Look for new clients.

But don’t close this contract.

There is no way for you to earn money with the current solitary contract that you have. But it does not hurt you to leave the contract open for now. Maybe in the future the client will want your help and will resolve the credit card issue and you will resume logging time and earning money.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
sakib_rajon
Community Member

I tried to fix that but he didn't reply to me.

Upwork can place a contract on hold because there is a problem with the client’s payment method.

A client can pause an hourly contract blocking you from logging time.

I can easily look at the contract details and know which of these happened.

But it DOES NOT MATTER when it comes to my work. EITHER WAY: I don’t work on the project.

Hi Sakib Hossen,

We’re sorry to hear that about the status of your contract. While we can’t share details about the client’s account for privacy reasons, please ask your client to communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contracts have been resumed. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

So, it was for client's account issues? Not my fault?

I told her to fix it. But she didn't. Even she didn't reply to me. Should I wait for her action?

That os correct: It is the client’s fault. There is nothing you can do about it.

Honestly? If this happens to me, I don’t even send a message to the client. Upwork already sends a message to them. I don’t need to.

I have other clients. If one contract is on hold, I don’t care. I work on other contracts for other clients.

re: “I told her to fix it. But she didn't. Even she didn't reply to me. Should I wait for her action?”

Yes.

Do nothing else on this contract. Don’t send messages to the client. Wait until she resolves the issue herself.

Unfortunately, now I have this contract only. So I was waiting for her. Since she didn't reply me I think I should move to new clients.

re: “Since she didn't reply me I think I should move to new clients.”

Yes. Look for new clients.

But don’t close this contract.

There is no way for you to earn money with the current solitary contract that you have. But it does not hurt you to leave the contract open for now. Maybe in the future the client will want your help and will resolve the credit card issue and you will resume logging time and earning money.

Thank you so much for your help. 🙂 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members