cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My cover letters are being auto hidden

seasiaconsulting
Anil K Member Since: Sep 9, 2010
1 of 7
Hi, A couple of my clients posted private jobs recently. They invited me for the job. I accepted the job and notified them on Skype that I have done the same. My clients were first unable to find my name on the "Applicant list". Later when they checked "Auto hidden" candidates, my name was in there. I am now worried this must be happening with my normal cover letters as well when I apply on a public job. Can someone help me understand what is going on? and what do I need to do? Thanks
margaretphillips
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
2 of 7
Please put in a support ticket with the specifics. They said they corrected this but apparently they have not. Invited freelancers should not be auto hidden. It is a horrible new 'feature' that neither client nor freelancer likes yet they refuse to remove it. The only thing we can do is complain and give facts via support tickets.
azam_k
Muhammad Azam J Member Since: Jul 16, 2011
3 of 7
Hahaha..... Odesk is kicking you out bro... I have about 900 hours and good feedback. But I am unable to get a single interview or invitation since 3 or 4 months. I am switched to other site and come here just to keep in touch with my in progress contracts. I discussed it with Odesk help and they say that they cant do anything.... SO.... After 4 devoted years to Odesk....My profile is nothing.. Odesk serves employers..
tuberajb
Joe Bryan Ray T Member Since: Jan 10, 2011
4 of 7
I have been working in oDesk since January 2011. I have good feedbacks and I have about 1,500 hours in oDesk. It's been a month from now, I haven't been invited for any interviews. I keep on applying to any job posts but no interviews that it should not be this way lately. I don't know what to do now.
rashish
Ram A Member Since: Sep 13, 2006
5 of 7
It seems they are filtering agency contractors in the searches and their bids
tommyclyde
Tristan M Member Since: Aug 27, 2008
6 of 7
Hello, I just wanted to ask if you're still not getting invitations to interview? I'm going through the very same thing - over 2,000 hours on oDesk and now suddenly, absolutely nothing. I've been applying left and right for a week, but not a single invite. Has this issue been raised? Is there some new policy now? Are oDesk veteran contractors being shown the door?
g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
7 of 7
We've been discussing this for a while. https://www.odesk.com/community/node/34371
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS